Program options no longer work for MW Pro 6.5.4 (win 10)

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
photoguy
Rattled Rabbit

Program options no longer work for MW Pro 6.5.4 (win 10)

Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:57 am

Hi,

Upgraded my old Win 7 pro 64-bit OS to Windows 10 64-bit with no problems several months ago. Have been using Mail Washer Pro with Win XP - Win 7 - Win 8.1 and now with Win 10 without out issues.
Last week I needed to delete one of my email accounts and found that selecting OPTIONS causes MW to lock up. Clicking on anything in the program just causes a keystroke beep and nothing else. I have to use task manager to kill the Mail Washer program.

Note that MW does work normally, and seems to have been working fine since I first upgraded to Windows 10. This was the first time since then that I have occassion to need to use any of the options, so I really can't say how long it's been broken. Because I can not delete the old email account, every time Mail Washer checks mail I have to go thru the steps to close that error window (can't find the server).

I've changed ISPs hence the old email acount is no longer valid.

All other email accounts still work fine in MW and as far as I can see it is only the "options" that lock up the program.

Anyone one else having trouble using MW's options with a 64-bit Windows 10 OS? BTW, my Mail Washer Pro's 6.5.4 is the same 32-bit version I've been using since XP.
- Rich
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Program options no longer work for MW Pro 6.5.4 (win 10)

Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:20 pm

It's been OK for me on Win10 accessing Options etc.. though I don't use 6.5 regularly.

Try reinstalling, see if that helps.
http://www.firetrust.com/sites/firetrus ... -Setup.exe
photoguy
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Program options no longer work for MW Pro 6.5.4 (win 10)

Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:51 pm

A re-install did the trick. Everything is working again. Thanks
- Rich

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”