Should MW delete the emails in my service provider account

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
peterjay
Rattled Rabbit

Should MW delete the emails in my service provider account

Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:02 am

I recently uninstalled MW due to a computer problem, I have now reinstalled it but I am sure that when I checked emails in MW and marked for deletion at wash mail previously, this action also deleted the same emails from my email account for me, so I did not have to do it twice, would I be correct in thinking this use to happen and can someone confirm if this is correct and if I can make it happen again.
Many thanks.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Should MW delete the emails in my service provider accou

Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:52 pm

Yes, the emails when deleted from MailWasher should be removed from the email server.

Are you seeing these messages you delete in MailWasher in your email program, or are you seeing them on your ISPs webmail site ?
peterjay
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:13 pm

Yes, I have unopened emails on the server which I know are crap, I open MW to blacklist them etc and mark for deletion then wash, but unopened ones do not go away, open emails on server do go away, but I do not want to open the unopened ones, hope this sounds clear.
Many thanks.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:06 am

And when you Wash Mail, does MailWasher go through the motions and appear to delete the crap emails ? If after you do a Wash Mail, try again doing another Check Mail in MailWasher, do these messages then come back ?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”