MailWasher Free Script Error

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Smoothie
Rattled Rabbit

Re: MailWasher Free Script Error

Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:48 am

Smoothie wrote:
RonRuosch wrote:Did you not READ the earlier posts? You need to update to version 6.5.4. The MW 6.5.4 installer can be found on Fire Trust's site. There is also a link in this thread.

I used 6.1 for years before the 'script error' appeared. Read my post above if you have any trouble updating. Once I successfully updated, Mailwasher went right back to work the way it always has, hopefully, for many more years. -RonR
Yes I did indeed READ your earlier post. However I am reluctant to 'upgrade' when my version has worked perfectly for so long, as history has shown that in upgrading to a newer version inevitably brings more problems - ie if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Furthermore I still have version 1.32 on an older computer and it is working perfectly - plus it has the ability to look at more than one POP account! Sadly though, I doubt if it would work on my 64 bit computer.
Further to the above, I have just downloaded and installed Version 6.54 as suggested and can report that it works well, with all my settings and whitelist plus blacklist addresses imported from 6.3 perfectly.

One minor gripe: Can the text within the message headings be made black on green/red as I find it difficult to read the white on green even though I selected Bold.

Thanks for your help in pointing me towards V 6.54 after the script error lock-up.
Chris (UK)
IsoQuantic
Mystified Moa

Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:32 am

I assume you know you can change the default classification colors within the Display Settings drop down in v7. I do not know if the same function exists in earlier versions.
RonRuosch
Mystified Moa

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:34 am

Dave Oz wrote:
Dave Oz wrote:I fixed the script message problem by installing MW 6.5.4, but now the "preview message popup" doesn't work .......?
I've discovered that I can read an email in a "popup window" by clicking "Email" (top left) then "Preview message"....but not by my usual method of right-clicking on the email in the list, then clicking "Preview message"........which I prefer!
The context menu (right click) option worked for me ONLY ONCE or TWICE after testing it for the first time. Now, it doesn't work just as you describe (???). I could not find a way to restore the right click "preview" function no matter what I tried. Turn Preview Pane on/off (View/PreviewPane or Ctrl-F6), exit/restart Mailwasher, load new emails not previously "previewed," nor anything else I tried would restore the right click function. So, now my system behaves just as yours does.

Fortunately, the SPACE BAR still works as a short cut for Preview Message. It's what I have always used and why I didn't know about the right click short cut until now. Try the space bar shortcut - you probably won't miss the right click functionality, and Fire Trust isn't likely to fix it in version 6. -RonR

Footnote: "F6" is listed on the context menu for Preview Message, but It does not PREVIEW the message, either. F6 is the assigned key for PROCESS Mail. The shortcut listed should be "SPACE," and it should be listed on the EMAIL menu, not the context menu. However, Ctrl-F6 DOES toggle the PREVIEW Pane. Yet another option.

Update: The context menu item (right-click) labeled "Preview" does in fact "PROCESS" mail, just as the P6 short cut does. So rather than change the short cut listed, the menu item should have been renamed "Process Mail."

In addition to the SPACE bar short cut to Preview an email, you can also just double click it. With these alternatives, the context menu item is not needed.
Attachments
PreviewMenu.jpg
PreviewMenu.jpg (66.43 KiB) Viewed 11604 times
Last edited by RonRuosch on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smoothie
Rattled Rabbit

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:38 am

IsoQuantic wrote:I assume you know you can change the default classification colors within the Display Settings drop down in v7. I do not know if the same function exists in earlier versions.
Thanks but I don't think that facility exists in version 6.54. It now works well otherwise, so I will leave it alone!
Chris (UK)
RonRuosch
Mystified Moa

Re: MailWasher Free Script Error- Display Options

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:15 am

Smoothie wrote:
IsoQuantic wrote:I assume you know you can change the default classification colors within the Display Settings drop down in v7. I do not know if the same function exists in earlier versions.
Thanks but I don't think that facility exists in version 6.54. It now works well otherwise, so I will leave it alone!
I messed with this a bit. I could not find any additional options beyond what is offered on the Display Settings dialog (see below). There are some other color options in the "Prefs" registry key, but they didn't seem to apply to the "white-on-RED" that you were trying to change. So, I think you are correct -- the facility doesn't exist in MW6.5.4. -RonR

We're off-topic, so we should probably end this thread.
Attachments
MW Display Options.jpg
MW Display Options.jpg (61.21 KiB) Viewed 11602 times
amethyst45
It begins with a single step

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:59 am

I have just started having this problem today. I have MailWasher 6.5.2 on Windows XP and have been using it for years. Any help would be appreciated.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:12 am

amethyst45 wrote:I have just started having this problem today. I have MailWasher 6.5.2 on Windows XP and have been using it for years. Any help would be appreciated.
The solution was posted by rusticdog at the second page of this very thread. ;)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:06 pm

Smoothie wrote:One minor gripe: Can the text within the message headings be made black on green/red as I find it difficult to read the white on green even though I selected Bold.
You might find your answer here. ;)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
jonah_jones
Rattled Rabbit

Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:11 am

had the same problem, installed 6.5.4 but it didn't import the old account/emails/settings

ideas? solution?

edited! friends list is there spam/blacklist isn't
RonRuosch
Mystified Moa

Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:25 am

jonah_jones wrote:had the same problem, installed 6.5.4 but it didn't import the old account/emails/settings ...
What previous version? What OS? When I first tried to update my version 6.1 on XP, it would not preserve settings until I manipulated the Ap Data and Registry Keys.
For more info, see my earlier post in this thread: http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.ph ... 08#p105708.

The Friends list and Blacklist entries are stored in the same text file (BLACKLIST.TXT) found in the [User's] Application Data folder.
In that file, Friends are listed under the WHITELISTED section (See below).

If your Friends list was preserved, your Blacklist should have been, also. If you have a backup of your old Blacklist.txt, you could try overwriting the current file to see if that restores your blacklisted items. Note that FILTERS are kept separately in Filters.txt. Good luck!
Attachments
Clipboard.jpg
Blacklist.txt File
Clipboard.jpg (40.16 KiB) Viewed 11559 times
jonah_jones
Rattled Rabbit

Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:56 pm

sorry, forgot my manners...
previous version 6.1
OS XP SP3

just one small problem, MW free is on my home PC to which i'll have almost no access for the next 2-3 months
(house renovation in process) hopefully when we move back in there will be time to sit down and clear up the mess
i made (hasty late night install without reading thoroughly the thread) i bookmarked the thread and your post

many thanks for the help
chess010
It begins with a single step

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:04 am

I am having this script issue as described in previous posts .please advise
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:28 am

The solution is also posted at one of the previous posts. ;)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”