MailWasher Free Script Error

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
ka6uup
Rattled Rabbit

MailWasher Free Script Error

Fri May 27, 2016 1:13 am

Today, I started receiving a script error.
The site is "https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/ ... Max.min.js"
It seems to be tied to the banner. Until the banner comes up it doesn't appear.
I went to Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options /Advanced and checked the two Disable Script Dbuging settings but that didn't help.
I cannot get rid of the error window by clicking on it.
I have to go to Task Manager to kill it.
Any help would be appreciated
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: MailWasher Free Script Error

Fri May 27, 2016 2:22 am

Screenshot please! o_O
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
na4na
Rattled Rabbit

Fri May 27, 2016 5:44 am

Am having the same problem. I can get into my email account (using an old version of Outlook), but when I try to navigate in MailWasher, the script error screen appears. I also have to go to Task Manager to kill it. (See information added in later thread entry which better describes when this problem occurs. - Pat)
Attachments
Script error - MailWaasher.PNG
Script error - MailWaasher.PNG (58.79 KiB) Viewed 13665 times
Last edited by na4na on Fri May 27, 2016 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
sunnysouth
Rattled Rabbit

Fri May 27, 2016 5:54 am

I am also having the exact same problem - version 6.5.4.
Was OK yesterday, but today no such luck but note banner at top has changed so I'm assuming that's where the error is.
Am using Thunderbird and just like other posts, cannot get rid of the error message - have to use Task Manager to get rid of it and close MW.
My "screen shot" is identical to the one posted.
Hope this gets fixed soon as it is most frustrating. :help
ka6uup
Rattled Rabbit

Fri May 27, 2016 6:31 am

My screen is exactly as the one shown.
Chuck
na4na
Rattled Rabbit

Fri May 27, 2016 7:30 am

Let me add a little more info. If I open MailWasher and quickly go on to the Mail Program icon I can access my emails. If I am slow the Script Error box appears, freezing the screen, and can only be cleared by using Task Manager to close MailWasher. After successfully accessing email, when I close email the "frozen" screen is waiting for me.
sunnysouth
Rattled Rabbit

Fri May 27, 2016 9:03 am

Is anyone at Firetrust monitoring these posts?
Obviously, this software has a problem and there must be a lot more folks looking for a solution than the few that have entered posts on this forum.
kiwi2016
Rattled Rabbit

Fri May 27, 2016 9:07 am

Good morning

New to this forum, so please excuse mistakes and oversights.

From the number of posts already listed, it looks like this widespread problem began on 27 May (as did mine) and is presumably external to users' computers?

So, I guess I can only add my details to the list, in the hope that the issue will soon be resolved.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit on a Toshiba C660 notebook, default browser is Firefox 46.0.1 (no new add-ons recently added), Google Chrome 50, Internet Explorer 11 and, for the last 2 years, MailWasher Free 6.5.4.

The popup error box reads:

An error has occurred in the script on this page
Line: 0
Char: 0
Error: Script Error
Code: 0
URL: https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/ ... Max.min.js
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes / No

A screenshot of my error message is also attached. As detailed in other posts, regardless of whether I repeatedly click Yes or No, the dialogue box will not close - or let me continue processing my email. The only way I can close the program is via the Task Manager.

While it might be suggested that I should replace my version 6.5.4 with a more recent free version, I have 2 concerns: a) would I be able to continue using my very extensive list of blacklisted senders and b) would this in fact solve the problem?

MailWasher has always been a great program, so hopefully a solution will be found soon.

Best wishes
Tony
(Hawkes Bay, New Zealand)
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
Screenshot of error
screenshot.jpg (23.61 KiB) Viewed 13640 times
itsetsufree
Rattled Rabbit

Fri May 27, 2016 9:11 am

Yes. Trustfire responded shortly after the first poster and asked for a screenshot. I think they're working on it & will update this thread as soon as there's something worthwhile to share.

sunnysouth wrote:Is anyone at Firetrust monitoring these posts?
Obviously, this software has a problem and there must be a lot more folks looking for a solution than the few that have entered posts on this forum.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri May 27, 2016 2:09 pm

We will have this fixed soon, had a few hiccups like this when we migrated the new website.
wkline
It begins with a single step

Fri May 27, 2016 3:42 pm

I have been running MW 6.5.4 forever, and suddenly have been getting the script errors. The only way to get by it was to bring up task manager to stop MW....I downloaded MW 7.8.0 and now just hit "NO" in the error box and it works just fine....Hope this helps...
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri May 27, 2016 3:51 pm

Should be all back in business now.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri May 27, 2016 3:59 pm

Apologies for the issues as well, we simply forgot to migrate the banner advert to the new website, so the banner that tried to display was no longer present. That and a number of other redirects that weren't working should all be fixed now.
kiwi2016
Rattled Rabbit

Fri May 27, 2016 5:21 pm

All now appears to be working fine again. Thanks to all for prompt remedial action.
itsetsufree
Rattled Rabbit

Fri May 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Thanks~appreciate your efforts to get it back up and running smoothly again. :thumbsup

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”