MailWasher Free Script Error

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
sunnysouth
Rattled Rabbit

Re: MailWasher Free Script Error

Sat May 28, 2016 3:37 am

Thanks guys for the fix - great program and working again as it has for a long time. :bow
Prefer 6.5.4. to the newer version but maybe that's just me.
RonRuosch
Mystified Moa

Re: MailWasher Free Script Error -- Not Fixed Yet!

Sat May 28, 2016 11:36 am

I am still getting the script error. Using M/W Free 6.1 on XP-Pro, IE 8. Chrome is my default browser.

Attached is a screenshot: As reported in this thread, error just started early today 5/27/16.

I have cleared cache and temp files and rebooted, but script error still occurs. I have script error notifications turned off in Internet Options. Still appears to be on Firetrust's end.

--RonR
Attachments
MW6-1 ScriptError-16e27.jpg
MW6-1 ScriptError-16e27.jpg (62.85 KiB) Viewed 12377 times
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat May 28, 2016 1:25 pm

Hi Ron

Can you download and install MailWasher Free 6.5.4, that will correct this problem
http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... _Setup.exe

Cheers
RonRuosch
Mystified Moa

Sat May 28, 2016 2:58 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I have downloaded MW Free version 6.5.4, but before installing, I have a couple questions.

1. Can I install over version 6.1, and will that keep all my settings and filters?

2. Would the same be true if I installed the newer 7.8 version? If I install the newer version, but don't like it, will I be able to roll-back without losing my settings/filters?

Would appreciate a little advice before I dive in. Thanks again for the help. --RonR
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat May 28, 2016 3:03 pm

RonRuosch wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. I have downloaded MW Free version 6.5.4, but before installing, I have a couple questions.

1. Can I install over version 6.1, and will that keep all my settings and filters?
Yes
RonRuosch wrote:2. Would the same be true if I installed the newer 7.8 version? If I install the newer version, but don't like it, will I be able to roll-back without losing my settings/filters?

Would appreciate a little advice before I dive in. Thanks again for the help. --RonR
Yes, MW 7 Free will install in a different location and use a different directory for user settings. You can have both installed at the same time, so if you decide you don't want MW 7 Free, then it's just a case of uninstalling. With both programs installed you would find both probably want to launch at startup, so you may want to disable the old from launching while you decide.

MW 7 Free though won't import Filters from MW 6, if I recall it does grab the rest, accounts and lists, but be expected to be needing to re-enter passwords.
RonRuosch
Mystified Moa

Sat May 28, 2016 3:09 pm

Thank you, that's what I needed. I'll give both MW 6 and 7 a try this weekend. Since they can be installed simultaneously, at least I can try MW 7 before committing to re-doing all my filters. --RonR
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat May 28, 2016 3:12 pm

No worries, forgot to add, if needed the link for MW 7 Free is http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... up_7_8.exe
tsuga50
It begins with a single step

Mon May 30, 2016 3:15 am

I'm running Mailwasher Free 6.5.2 on Windows 10 - it stopped working for me (same script error) and still isn't working, though this forum post indicates the problem with the banner has been fixed.

Do I need to upgrade to a newer version of Mailwasher Free?

Thanks
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon May 30, 2016 12:40 pm

tsuga50 wrote:I'm running Mailwasher Free 6.5.2 on Windows 10 - it stopped working for me (same script error) and still isn't working, though this forum post indicates the problem with the banner has been fixed.

Do I need to upgrade to a newer version of Mailwasher Free?

Thanks
Yes, you need to install 6.5.4 which is virtually identical to the one you have
http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... _Setup.exe
RonRuosch
Mystified Moa

Mon May 30, 2016 1:12 pm

When I first tried to update MW 6.1 to MW 6.5.4, I got install errors. It launched okay, but did not preserve my settings. I remember now, this is why I didn't update before.
Did some investigation and discovered MY installation of MW FREE 6.1 used Ap Data Folder "MailwasherPRO" and HKCU Registry Key named "Mailwasher Pro." Don't know if this is a corrupt installation or normal after free trial, or something.
In any case, I rolled back (using my disk image) to the previous MW6.1 installation. I then shut down MW and renamed the Ap folder and Reg Key to "MailwaherFREE" and "Mailwasher FREE," respectively. Then MW 6.5.4 installed without a hitch with ALL my Filters and other settings intact! So far, everything is great -- and NO MORE Script Error. -RonR

Footnote: I actually exported the Reg Key(s) and Copied the Ap Data folder to be safe. I renamed the Reg Key(s), but allowed MW6.5.4 to establish the default Ap Data folder. I then copied my saved contents over the default folder. I am confident I could have simply renamed the Ap data folder in place and MW6.5.4 would have preserved my settings.
Smoothie
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:18 am

Am using version 6.3 of MailWasher Free.

Have been delighted with it but in the last couple of days it has locked up giving a Script Error caption which won't clear and the URL:
https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/ ... ax.min.js4

What has changed and what is going on after many years of trouble-free use?
Chris (UK)
RonRuosch
Mystified Moa

Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:01 pm

Did you not READ the earlier posts? You need to update to version 6.5.4. The MW 6.5.4 installer can be found on Fire Trust's site. There is also a link in this thread.

I used 6.1 for years before the 'script error' appeared. Read my post above if you have any trouble updating. Once I successfully updated, Mailwasher went right back to work the way it always has, hopefully, for many more years. -RonR
Dave Oz
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:06 pm

I fixed the script message problem by installing MW 6.5.4, but now the "preview message popup" doesn't work .......?
Smoothie
Rattled Rabbit

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:52 am

RonRuosch wrote:Did you not READ the earlier posts? You need to update to version 6.5.4. The MW 6.5.4 installer can be found on Fire Trust's site. There is also a link in this thread.

I used 6.1 for years before the 'script error' appeared. Read my post above if you have any trouble updating. Once I successfully updated, Mailwasher went right back to work the way it always has, hopefully, for many more years. -RonR
Yes I did indeed READ your earlier post. However I am reluctant to 'upgrade' when my version has worked perfectly for so long, as history has shown that in upgrading to a newer version inevitably brings more problems - ie if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Furthermore I still have version 1.32 on an older computer and it is working perfectly - plus it has the ability to look at more than one POP account! Sadly though, I doubt if it would work on my 64 bit computer.
Chris (UK)
Dave Oz
Rattled Rabbit

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:14 am

Dave Oz wrote:I fixed the script message problem by installing MW 6.5.4, but now the "preview message popup" doesn't work .......?
I've discovered that I can read an email in a "popup window" by clicking "Email" (top left) then "Preview message"....but not by my usual method of right-clicking on the email in the list, then clicking "Preview message"........which I prefer!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”