MailWasher Won't Transfer Emails to Thunderbird Page

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
3gunshooter
It begins with a single step

MailWasher Won't Transfer Emails to Thunderbird Page

Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:19 am

I just UNINSTALLED Norton 360 and Installed Embarq Online Security. MailWasher will receive emails as usual. When I click on "Process Mail" it will open my Thunderbird Email page as usual, but it will not download the new email from the MailWasher Page to the Thunderbird page. I can click on "Get Mail" and it will search for new mail, but will not download it from the MailWasher Pro page. I have set my Firewall to allow both Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird applications. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3gunshooter :D
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: MailWasher Won't Transfer Emails to Thunderbird Page

Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:52 am

You have a basic misunderstanding of how MW works. MW looks at the mail on your server, it either deletes it off the server or leaves it there. It does not in any way interact with your e-mail clien't other than having an option to start it.

If Thunderbird isn't getting your mail there is a problem with the way it is set up. You mentioned uninstalling Norton and that may be a part of the problem, check each of the accounts set up in Thunderbird and see if Norton has them set incorrectly.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:46 pm

I've moved this into the MW Troubleshooting...
As Stan says if MailWasher can see the email, then ThunderBird should see the email too, assuming the account setup is correct.

MailWasher just shows you the email waiting, it doesn't hold these emails then pass them to ThunderBird.
billjohn4
It begins with a single step

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:07 pm

Gday just read the post that say's mailwasher does not send mail to thunderbird .
well the version i had before buying mailwasher pro 7 . did move my mail to thunderbird.

now i'm having trouble pro7 wont look for mail ????

Also trying to figger out why thunderbird wont send mail.
get connection lost in the middle of the transaction.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:31 pm

billjohn4 wrote:Gday just read the post that say's mailwasher does not send mail to thunderbird .
well the version i had before buying mailwasher pro 7 . did move my mail to thunderbird.
Oh no, it did not. ;)

billjohn4 wrote:now i'm having trouble pro7 wont look for mail ????
You might want to start a new topic at the right forum for the V7.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”