A MYRIAD of problems w/MW 2012

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: A MYRIAD of problems w/MW 2012

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:08 am

sathyme wrote:use Hotmail - WEB BASED only NO outlook

[snip]

WASH WORKED BUT deleted OVER 1000+ e-mails - THEY WERE NOT MARKED FOR DELETION!!
If you log into your Hotmail account through the web interface you should find the deleted emails in the Deleted folder. You'll then be able to restore them by clicking on the Move to link.

You may also find it useful to create a folder where you store all you old emails. That way, you will only see the new stuff in MailWasher.
Windows 10
sathyme
Student Sheep

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:18 am

OH - Thought you guys who have been helping me would be interested to know - that indeed I am not doing anything wrong re: the restore w/original sender details - Jeremy Clark has been helping and found this out after I cut and pasted to him what an e-mail looks like when I restore it:

OK, have confirmed that my other accounts restore using the senders email address as the from address, but hotmail does not, not sure why, but are checking with the developer now, and will get back to you as soon as I hear back... cheers!

SO I'll post back when there is a solution - Maybe it could help someone else as well

Same w/the ports issue - But I believe Jeremy put that in the troubleshooting area or somewhere - FAQ's maybe?? as there was definitely a problem re: Verizon & Hotmail & MW 2012 - that he managed to solve - which also might help someone with the same problem.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:25 am

We'd appreciate your feedback - yeah, it might come handy for someone else in your plight. :thumbsup
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:51 am

FYI! Verizon has recently sent out an email advising all to use the SSL porting. No deadline was given but MWP knew which ports were required.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
sathyme
Student Sheep

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:57 am

Yeah - well that IS THE problem as Jeremy told me TSL AND IT FINALLY WORKED - I'm in NYC and have their DSL (Yeah I know - but It's the cheapest Internet svc you can get in NYC - that's why!)
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:25 am

sathyme wrote:OK - like alot of posts and web searches I've been reading - I TOO was FINE w/the OLD MW - AND EVERYTHING worked perfectly - but I let the Firetrust subscription lapse last year
If by the old version you mean v5 of v6 they came with a lifetime license, it never expires. What did expire in the old MW was the subscription to the First Alert spam tool. MW v5 or v6 runs just fine without that tool, just tags a bit less spam.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
sathyme
Student Sheep

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:30 am

Right - but then there's nothing to do w/the spam - and can't recall as I haven't opened my desktop computer recently - but something else stopped working as well??

I just couldn't justify having the subscription up to date since I was not using that machine anymore - or rarely - Yes - I did keep the install and could have installed it on My laptop - but would still want the Firetrust - so now it's about a year later and I decided to try again - and they had that promo for MW 2012 - reduced rate - so......
Thanks for responding
sathyme
Student Sheep

Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:07 pm

By the way - ataraxy - NO the e-mails don't show up in Hotmail's deleted folder - That would be too easy!!

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”