How To: KnujOn spam reporting for the new MW

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

How To: KnujOn spam reporting for the new MW

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:11 am

EDIT: This is not currently working, Knujon gets the MW reports but is not able to open them. Several MW users have tried to resolve the issue but so far nothing has worked. Until Firetrust and Knujon can agree on a workable submission method there is nothing that a user can do.

-------------------------------------------------------

Main webpage: http://www.knujon.com/

Submitting (non-registered users) addresses: http://www.knujon.com/#submit

Registering: http://www.knujon.com/#join

You have several options when submitting spam to KnujOn, unregistered to the default reporting address, registered to your unique reporting address or to a list (submitting link above) of addresses for specific types of spam. It looks like using the specific-type addresses will bypass many of the benefits of registering so registered users may want to skip this.

My suggestion is to either register (free) and use your dedicated reporting address or to continue unregistered and use the default reporting address. Using the list of optional, dedicated addresses is going to add a lot of icon columns to the grid and probably be too confusing given the single letter with no tool-tip available for identifying the report destination.

Setting up the report option for an unregistered user using the default reporting address is very simple:

1. Put KnujOn in as the service name.
2. Put KnujOn@coldrain.net in as the Email to.
3. I put a note that this is a report sent via a MW beta and a contact address in the "Email Content" block, this isn't required but might help if there are issues.
4. For the "Send Report Via" entry I used my Gmail account since it does not do any filtering on outgoing spam and will not block sending the reports.
5. Pick colors and a letter to identify the column in the grid.

That is all there is to it for simple unregistered reporting, registered reporting should be a simple edit to the e-mail address.

Note: KnujOn forwards all the reported Spam to FTC so you don't need to send to them if you report to KnujOn.
Last edited by stan_qaz on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
jack2smith1988
It begins with a single step

Re: How To: KnujOn spam reporting for the new MW

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:46 am

KnujOn's Summary of their increased influence on the ICANN

SA already reports to DCC, Pyzor, Razor, and SpamCop (via plugins ... feel free to change this bug to the Plugins category if that's best). KnujOn is a newer but extremely well-established reporting agency with increasing power when it comes to stopping spam at its source.

Rather than populating blacklists the way the aforementioned four reporting agencies do, KnujOn (like SpamCop) reports spamming incidents to the upstream network administrators. Beyond that (unlike SpamCop), they go up higher and attempt to nail the top spam offenders at the ICANN level, recommending revoking of offenders' access to the internet for their abuse (rampant spam from their customers) -- their website currently boasts "Results: 79,500 site shutdowns (33,671 pending)."

Today, they announced "KnujOn is now an At-Large advisor to ICANN which means we can help shape policy" (see attachment). This means they're here to stay, and they're a major player to be reckoned with.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:21 am

There is apparently an issue with Knujon accepting MW reports, I have not been able to interest them in finding and fixing the problem. They will accept the reports but it appears that once accepted nothing is being done with them. I am no longer sending them reports via MW as it appears to be wasted effort.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
siamon

Thu May 02, 2013 7:24 pm

I've been a long time user of Mailwasher and like the product very much! I've just recently installed the mobile version and like that I'm now able to sync my PCs also. I setup an ID and password when I first got the mobile version but have discovered that I have lost the paper where I wrote down my info! I have the ID on one of my PCs and my mobile and was wondering if there's a file where I can find this out. Yes, I feel like a fool who has lost his mind. I also didn't see a link to reset my password or send it to me. Any help would be appreciated as I'm trying to get my 2nd computer synced up with my mobile and other PC
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri May 03, 2013 9:51 am

siamon wrote:I've been a long time user of Mailwasher and like the product very much! I've just recently installed the mobile version and like that I'm now able to sync my PCs also. I setup an ID and password when I first got the mobile version but have discovered that I have lost the paper where I wrote down my info! I have the ID on one of my PCs and my mobile and was wondering if there's a file where I can find this out. Yes, I feel like a fool who has lost his mind. I also didn't see a link to reset my password or send it to me. Any help would be appreciated as I'm trying to get my 2nd computer synced up with my mobile and other PC
Not sure if it will work or not but on the PC that is working go to Help, User files, make a copy of the file SyncSettings.xml and put it on the other PC. If not then you will have to email Nick nick.bolton@firetrust.com and have him wipe out your FT Cloud settings and then you can start over.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
ps277

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:56 am

stan_qaz wrote:There is apparently an issue with Knujon accepting MW reports, I have not been able to interest them in finding and fixing the problem, as reported here before. They will accept the reports but it appears that once accepted nothing is being done with them. I am no longer sending them reports via MW as it appears to be wasted effort.
Any agreement if it is a wasted effort? I'm in agreement and not sending them reports via MW as well.
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:24 am

Anyone still sending reports to KnujOn will know that they've been having problems. To try and solve these they have changed their email addresses. Full details are:
As you know we are experiencing technical difficulties of an unknown cause. There were ice storms, broken network equipment, and disputes with our ISP. All of these have been addressed but coldrain.net still will not resolve. I appreciate you commitment and frustration. We will be switching from “coldrain.net” to “coldrain.us” for processing; all other details will remain the same. So if your account address was aa1234@coldrain.net it is now aa1234@coldrain.us. We may get coldrain.net working again, but will leave the new domain active and accept samples at either. If you have your account address embedded in a script you will have to make the change there and reload or recompile the code.

We will make a formal announcement about the change to all of our members tomorrow. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Sincerely, Garth at Knujon
Windows 10
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:42 am

ataraxy wrote:Anyone still sending reports to KnujOn will know that they've been having problems. To try and solve these they have changed their email addresses. Full details are:(..)
Ahhh... thx! I tried to find out why my KnujOn reports kept bouncing, but failed to find a solution up-til now. Changed the .net extension in .us, as suggested. :bow
Beta tester.. oh well! ;)..
Mobile phone: Moto G5 on Android 8
MWP FAQ
¡Nederlandstalige gebruiksaanwijzing!
...Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:52 pm

The old coldrain.net extension continues to work for me as also does the new coldrain.us :|
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:00 pm

Two fails to connect to the new domain from reports sent yesterday.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:59 am

KnujOn's email address at coldrain.us has gone dark. All mails being returned. Change back to the original coldrain.net.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:43 pm

Sidewinder wrote:KnujOn's email address at coldrain.us has gone dark. All mails being returned. Change back to the original coldrain.net.
KnujOn confirms hardware failure on their coldrain.us domain. Problem being worked.
charlieboy
Student Sheep

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:44 am

Dear KnujOn members, friends and visitors,

This project will cease accepting samples from the public on 22 May 2018. The knujon.net will stop accepting email samples and the server will be shut down. The servers at coldrain.net will stop forwarding email. knujon.org will cease accepting new memberships and donations as of 8 March 2018. knujon.com will remain active to maintain historical information about the project but no sample data will be accepted. All currently held samples and all samples accepted up until 22 May 2018 will be processed.

This research was started by Dr. Robert Bruen and Garth Bruen in 2003. After 15 years we have reached clear fundamental conclusions concerning the management of the Internet, findings which are neither pleasing nor surprising. We have taken this work as far as we can at this stage. A final comprehensive report of KnujOn findings will be published and maintained at knujon.com.

We thank everyone for their dedication and participation in this project and hope you will join us when we start our next project which will be based on KnujOn findings. The details of this further research will be announced on knujon.com.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”