Export Friends List Mailwasher Pro 7.5 To a Text File

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
dickabbott
Rattled Rabbit

Export Friends List Mailwasher Pro 7.5 To a Text File

Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:31 am

Change folder options to view hidden files
Download and install a copy of Sqlitebrowser3.
Open Sqlitebrowser3 and find and open your MWP.db3 file. It is located in your C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust\Mailwasher folder.
Choose File->Export and export your Friends or Blacklist to a CSV file.
Open with Excel and delete the record number (idx) and created_date columns. Save the file and close.
Open the file in Word, select all the document, and using search and replace, replace the string "[\w?.""-@]+@ with nothing.
Using search and replace, replace all backslashes \ with nothing.
You should now have a csv file with your Friends or Blacklist.
It's a lot of steps, but beats cutting and pasting.
Last edited by dickabbott on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: Export Friends List Mailwasher Pro 7.5

Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:41 am

You can also use the Export function in MWP, top right under file to do the Export.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
dickabbott
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:08 am

It does not appear that you can export in a format other than MXP.
Some of us would like the friends or black lists in a text format for use in other programs.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:18 am

dickabbott wrote:It does not appear that you can export in a format other than MXP.
Some of us would like the friends or black lists in a text format for use in other programs.
Understood. Thought maybe you were attempting to replicate the info in MWP on another computer.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
jdtimer
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Export Friends List Mailwasher Pro 7.5 To a Text File

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:47 pm

Hi, I have been a user of MailWasher for years and currently have 7.8 installed. Like others here, I wish to have my Friends list as a Text file that I can manually edit / update and 'import' or place back within the MailWasher. I do not appear to have a MWP.db3 within the location suggested above (yes, all hidden files revealed), possibly this has changed since 7.5 ? The export / import function is fine if migrating your MailWasher but I just want some text file ability, editability and control.. ie ability to work with my friends list outside of MailWasher Pro.
Hoping someone here can suggest a way to deal with this.. It should remain as easy as before, not more difficult !!
Much appreciated,,, john T
jdtimer
Rattled Rabbit

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:50 pm

Incidentally, I did note Dick Abbott's comment above.... is that valid to MailWasher Pro 7.5 or up to the latest version ?
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:39 am

jdtimer wrote:I do not appear to have a MWP.db3 within the location suggested above (yes, all hidden files revealed), possibly this has changed since 7.5 ?
Navigate to Help >>----> User Files... >>----> (in the Explorer window that pops-up, click) >>----> cache (now, you should be seeing the MWP.db3 file.)

jdtimer wrote:Hoping someone here can suggest a way to deal with this..
I'd suggest using Filters instead of the Friends List (or Blacklist) — in addition to the editing you desire, check out some other advantages, as well.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”