Spam Tool Settings page not scrolling 7.8.10

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
msgray
Travelling Tuatara

Spam Tool Settings page not scrolling 7.8.10

Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:36 pm

When you have about 14 or so spam filters set they start to run off the bottom of the screen and can't be scrolled. However by minimizing the screen to less than full screen you can make the page scroll by placing the cursor in the far right margin and using the wheel.

So the problem does have that work around however I don't think it was meant to be that way. Has anyone else seen this problem?
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Spam Tool Settings page not scrolling 7.8.10

Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:46 pm

I suppose you meant rules instead of filters?

Is your screen resolution set to more than 100%?
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
msgray
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:57 pm

I think I meant filters. The heading of the page is Filters. The button says Add Filter. I understand that rules are contained within a filter. So it is Filters that run off the bottom of the page. This is the same number of filters I had before updating to 7.8.10 version. Also I did not change any screen resolution only updated.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:15 am

msgray wrote:When you have about 14 or so spam filters set they start to run off the bottom of the screen and can't be scrolled.
msgray wrote:Has anyone else seen this problem?
Just added some rules (and filters) to a total of 16 each and do not see the issue you report — there is no scroll bar but the filters got accommodated vertically.

My screen resolution though, is 1080p — not sure of the rendition on a screen with lower resolution.

msgray wrote:Also I did not change any screen resolution only updated.
Did you check your Screen Resolution and Text Size, though?
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
msgray
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:49 am

Let me be more clear, I did check my screen resolution and text size as you originally suggested by following the "screen resolution" link you gave in your first post to make sure any updates did not change it before I sent the last post. The text size was and still is 100% The resolution is 1366x768 the highest available and recommended on an HP Pavilion DV6.

To be clear about what I see is both the filters and the associated scroll bar run off the screen. The scroll bar exists but will not move. As I said in the first post minimizing the page to about half size will allow you to scroll with the mouse wheel with the cursor in the right margin. However the scroll bar moves with the filters but still will not move the filters on its own and you never see the end of the fixed scroll bar.

I have been using Mailwasher since its inception. The problem did not exist on any version of Mailwasher until I upgraded to 7.8.10 just the other day.

Circumstantial evidence suggests that the new version is the problem. Unless you can think of any more things I may have done wrong, and you are not seeing what I see, can only mean you are not using the same version I am. Meanwhile I will dig out my copy of Karl Popper's Conjectures and Refutations and brush up on the Scientific Method while you continue your investigation.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:35 am

msgray wrote:To be clear about what I see is both the filters and the associated scroll bar run off the screen.
To be clear about what we both see and also that we are referring to the same thing, you might want to post a screenshot of the issue — that could help as there is no scroll bar, in my case (would be pleased to post my screenshot, too — if required.)

msgray wrote:I have been using Mailwasher since its inception.
Unfortunately, I am just a n00b — hope you will accept any help that I can offer.

msgray wrote:Circumstantial evidence suggests that the new version is the problem. Unless you can think of any more things I may have done wrong, and you are not seeing what I see, can only mean you are not using the same version I am.
Nope — my version is the same as yours. ;)
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:01 am

msgray wrote:When you have about 14 or so spam filters set they start to run off the bottom of the screen and can't be scrolled. However by minimizing the screen to less than full screen you can make the page scroll by placing the cursor in the far right margin and using the wheel.

So the problem does have that work around however I don't think it was meant to be that way. Has anyone else seen this problem?
I hadn't seen the problem until you mentioned it and I adjusted the MailWasher window size.

I agree that it could be done better. Firetrust are currently working on a new interface, so hopefully it will be fixed as a part of that.
Windows 10
msgray
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:37 am

Thank you ataraxy,

Most people probably don't make such extensive use of filters. Can you see if a ticket is made out for the problem lest it be overlooked on the new interface?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:03 pm

Added to the list!

Thanks
msgray
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:19 pm

I posted this last December when 7.8.10 was released. rusticdog said it was being added to the list of corrections. Now that 7.9.0 has been released it has not been corrected.

Remarkably I just received an email: A Good MailWasher Spam Filter Tip which gives spam tips in detail. However the fact that the Spam Tools Page-Filters page is not scrolling completely when it has many filters on it seems not to have been noticed.

Hopefully if the tips in the email are followed and enough filters are created by enough people perhaps the powers_to_be will take notice of the problem.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:22 pm

Yeah, unfortunately not all things on the list make it in, and this will be something we'll look to be sure behaves nicely in the version 8.

In the interim, the mouse scroll wheel should move the filters up and down when you are moused over the names of the filters too.
msgray
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:27 am

"In the interim, the mouse scroll wheel should move the filters up and down when you are moused over the names of the filters too."

The only way filters will move is to reduce window size and use the scroll wheel "outside" the filter box in the far right margin i.e. scroll the whole page. With 20 filters you need to do what I just said along with using the filter scroll bar to see them all. I hope this helps as a hint as to what the problem is.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”