Pro v 7.9.0 LAGGING

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
linkot
Student Sheep

Pro v 7.9.0 LAGGING

Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:19 am

Ever since the recent email message from Firetrust with regard to Wildcards and then the update, my Mailwasher has been lagging along, it takes forever in the morning to load the mail and then when I go to Outlook a whole bunch of messages appear that I didn't see in Mailwasher! I deleted one of my email accounts and started fresh (thinking it could be outdated POP/SMTP settings or something. I removed the wild cards thinking that could be the issue but it didn't help.
Is this a known issue?

Thank you
Ian McL
It begins with a single step

Re: Pro v 7.9.0 LAGGING

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:30 am

Can't help, but yes I am having the same problem which started earlier this week. I am an NZ customer with Spark as my ISP. This morning Mailwasher retrieved one e mail out of five on the server. I wonder if it is a problem with the ISP rather than Mailwasher?
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:33 am

You may need to turn off the pipelining options (two) in the Account Settings.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Just Me
It begins with a single step

Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:50 am

Hmm, think it started just now that the simplest of messages need ages to download (or is in a download freeze). I now download direct to Thunderbird bypassing MW. Am with Spark provider (in New Zealand). Got recently a message upon using MW saying "The RETR command did not succeed. Error in retrieving a message. Mail server pop3.xtra.co.nz responded:" [then only blanks shown, no text at all]. Is it a MW problem or of my ISP provider? Any advice is welcome (I am not an expert).

in checking my account settings, tab "incoming", section "advanced", I see box is not ticked for "Use RETR instead of TOP". Has this anything to do with it?
Last edited by Just Me on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:57 am

Just Me wrote:Hmm, think it started just now that the simplest of messages need ages to download (or is in a download freeze). I now download direct to Thunderbird bypassing MW. Am with Spark provider (in New Zealand). Got recently a message upon using MW saying "The RETR command did not succeed. Error in retrieving a message. Mail server pop3.xtra.co.nz responded:" [then only blanks shown, no text at all]. Is it a MW problem or of my ISP provider? Any advice is welcome (I am not an expert)
See my prior post.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Yeah as above, Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> Advanced >> there's two options at the bottom to use PIPELINING, switch those off.

It's puzzling how/why this suddenly is an issue for some people, it previously would have been working fine for you as the update would have kept this option the same as it was before.
linkot
Student Sheep

Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:46 am

I'm reluctant to change settings without "official" word in fear that it could cause more harm than good ... would Sidewinder's post (above) be official?
(Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> Advanced >> there's two options at the bottom to use PIPELINING, switch those off)
I went ahead and switched the two bottom settings off ... and, everything is zip-quick. Back to the old MW Pro that I've enjoyed for years and years. I'll know for sure tomorrow morning when the overnight mail arrives. Will post if issue persists.

Will there be a MW update to correct this issue?
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:23 pm

linkot wrote:I'm reluctant to change settings without "official" word in fear that it could cause more harm than good ... would Sidewinder's post (above) be official
The next time you find yourself with any sort of MWP issue/s, suggest you add a note that you would be accepting assistance only if it is official.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
linkot
Student Sheep

Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:37 am

Please excuse me, I didn't mean to sound so ungrateful. I appreciate any/all suggestions. As it turned out, Sidewinder's solution solved my issue and I am very thankful. All of my email accounts downloaded fast this morning, no mail was left behind.
Thank you Sidewinder, your help is appreciated!
lk

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”