MailWasher Pro doesn't start

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
DanAtCCD
Travelling Tuatara

MailWasher Pro doesn't start

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:35 am

Not sure what has happened with our installation, but MailWasher Pro is refusing to start, getting stuck on the main loading splash screen. We have uninstalled and reinstalled, both with retaining user settings and clearing user settings, no difference. Can anyone offer any suggestions? :dead

Windows 10, Mailwasher Pro 7.9.0.0
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: MailWasher Pro doesn't start

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:37 am

MailWasher just suddenly started failing like that ?

First thing I would try is a .NET Repair, you can download the utility for that from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/downloa ... x?id=30135
DanAtCCD
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:51 pm

I had a look at the Task Manager (I use Process Explorer), and it says that the MailWasherPro.exe service is Suspended, and I can't resume it, because it is "Unable to suspend the process." (and yes, that is the message, not "resume" but "suspend") If I try terminating the process, I get "Error terminating process: Access is denied."

Not sure how it got suspended in the first place, but that makes sense now why it won't start, if upon starting it's getting Suspended. Now, if I can only figure out how to get the process back to normal...
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:59 pm

I take you cannot reboot the machine to clear it, and that puts the process back into Suspended state ?

Assuming so, in Task Manager under the Startup tab, disable the MailWasher startup if present, then reboot.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:40 pm

DanAtCCD wrote:I had a look at the Task Manager (I use Process Explorer), and it says that the MailWasherPro.exe service is Suspended, and I can't resume it, because it is "Unable to suspend the process." (and yes, that is the message, not "resume" but "suspend") If I try terminating the process, I get "Error terminating process: Access is denied."
MWP does not make use of a service — presence of a MailWasherPro.exe service could indicate a potential infection.

DanAtCCD wrote:Not sure how it got suspended in the first place, but that makes sense now why it won't start, if upon starting it's getting Suspended. Now, if I can only figure out how to get the process back to normal...
(Right click the MailWasherPro.exe process using Process Explorer) >>----> Set Priority >>----> (ensure that the value is at) Normal: 8 >>----> (if it is not, set the value at) Normal: 8

(Right click the MailWasherPro.exe process again) >>----> Restart >>----> (reboot your computer)

If the above fails to work, for you — check whether your MailWasherPro.exe is on the list of disallowed executables (in case you are running a Anti-Executable or HIPS program.)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
DanAtCCD
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:42 am

Mailwasher is now working fine, thanks!

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”