Why is MW 7 only reporting part of the marked spam to SpamCop.net?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Why is MW 7 only reporting part of the marked spam to SpamCop.net?

Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:38 pm

I suggest that you use a Gmail account for reporting the spam to SpamCop. You'll then be able to check the Gmail sent folder and see exactly what MailWasher is sending.

Or if you don't like that idea, report the spam to yourself. Just set up a separate spam reporting service (in addition to SpamCop) with an email address that you control as the reporting email. You'll then be able to see what arrives.

Let us know what you learn.
Windows 10
Alfred B
Mystified Moa

Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:37 am

I have been using a Gmail account for reporting the spam to SpamCop. The Gmail sent folder confirms that MailWasher is NOT sending all of spam mail marked for reporting (matches the list I posted above Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:05 am CST)
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:48 am

For a 100% surefire SpamCop reporting — this is what works for me:—
Gmail_SMTP_Settings.png
Gmail_SMTP_Settings.png (55.02 KiB) Viewed 4752 times
[/center]
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:58 am

Have you verified that your reporting account does not have the Pipelining Options turned on?
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:00 am

You may also want to look at any security software on your PC that may be blocking the sending to spam messages from MWP.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:11 pm

I just tested this to be absolutely sure, sending test reports to email addresses that I control. I marked 3 emails for reporting.

I set up two test reporting services, one using a Gmail account to send the report, and another using another email service to send the .

The report sent using Gmail shows correctly in the Gmail Sent Mail with the 3 reported emails attached. However, after 25 minutes, the report has not arrived. There is no spam checking on the recipient email account, so it can't have disappeared there. A test message sent from the same Gmail account arrived immediately.

The report sent using the other email service arrived within a minute of sending with the 3 reported emails attached.

The emails that I marked for reporting were very simple, just containing the sentence "A quick bit of text, just not too long, so that we can fit in a lot of messages." So there would seem to be nothing in there that Gmail should object to. However, Gmail does appear to be blocking it.

Therefore, the problem appears to be Gmail. Maybe this is a particular problem when there are multiple emails being reported in a single email.

You may want to try using a different email service to make your reports.

For me, I consider this matter closed.
Windows 10

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”