MWPro7.9 getting mail 6 years old - why?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
MightyMouse58
Mystified Moa

MWPro7.9 getting mail 6 years old - why?

Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi guys,

I've recently had problems with my Gmail account and my email client (Outlook 2016). In trying to repair things MW has started to download mail from my Gmail account that is six years old and I don't understand why it is doing this or how to turn it off. Help and advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Carl
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: MWPro7.9 getting mail 6 years old - why?

Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi Carl

You've got a few options.

In MailWasher you could use IMAP instead of POP, doing that would mean MailWasher will load all emails in the GMail Inbox that are Unread. You can set that under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming.

You could continue to use POP in MailWasher and use Recent Mode, this is a GMail feature that will load emails from the last 30 days. To activate that you add recent: to your username in the same section mentioned above. Your username should then look like recent:username@gmail.com

You could change your GMail POP settings here https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/fwdandpop and select the option "Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on"

Cheers
MightyMouse58
Mystified Moa

Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:56 pm

Thanks Rusticdog,

I tried your suggestion but that didn't work first up. I ended up uninstalling MWPro and removing my Gmail account from the system. BTW I'm running Win10Pro with OL16 as my email client. Also I previously had my Gmail account setup in OL as a POP account.

I have now reinstalled MWPro and re-established my Gmail account as an IMAP account. I'm no longer getting email that years old so that part is fixed, however when I wash my email after checking, the email I had marked for deletion disappears (which is good) but it leaves all my other email in the window so that they appear on the next check, even if I've downloaded them. I've checked all the settings and can't see anything wrong but I feel I've missed something - any advice?

Cheers
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:49 am

Check your settings in OL to make sure that you do not have "Leave A Copy on the Server" selected.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:59 pm

MightyMouse58 wrote:Thanks Rusticdog,

I tried your suggestion but that didn't work first up. I ended up uninstalling MWPro and removing my Gmail account from the system. BTW I'm running Win10Pro with OL16 as my email client. Also I previously had my Gmail account setup in OL as a POP account.

I have now reinstalled MWPro and re-established my Gmail account as an IMAP account. I'm no longer getting email that years old so that part is fixed, however when I wash my email after checking, the email I had marked for deletion disappears (which is good) but it leaves all my other email in the window so that they appear on the next check, even if I've downloaded them. I've checked all the settings and can't see anything wrong but I feel I've missed something - any advice?

Cheers
If you're using IMAP in Outlook then this will happen as IMAP leaves messages on the server. MailWasher by default (when also using IMAP) will only load emails in the Inbox folder that are Unread. So options would be to move the emails out of the Gmail Inbox folder, or mark them as read, both those would cause MailWasher not to keep them in view.
MightyMouse58
Mystified Moa

Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:56 pm

Thanks Rusticdog, I'll check that out. Apologies for the delay in coming back.

Cheers

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”