Emails show up in 2 MWP accounts (POP3/IMAP)

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
TheWeasel
Mystified Moa

Emails show up in 2 MWP accounts (POP3/IMAP)

Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:34 am

I have an e-mail account with Comcast/Xfinity. Long ago I sent up a POP3 MWP account to access it with “Include in default mail check” selected and “Periodically check mail” set to 30 minutes.
I deselected the “Include in default mail check” option on the MWP POP3 account and created a new IMAP account in MWP to access the same Comcast/Xfinity e-mail with “Include in default mail check” selected. The two MWP accounts have different names.
Now when MWP finds new e-mail it shows up twice, once with the new IMAP account name and once with the old POP3 account name.
What have I done (or not done) to cause this? I thought by deselecting the POP3 MWP account from the default mail check that the old POP3 would never be checked for new mail.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: Emails show up in 2 MWP accounts (POP3/IMAP)

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:49 am

Did you remember to do a Save after you did the change. Review the settings and make sure to save then close and restart MWP.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
TheWeasel
Mystified Moa

Re: Emails show up in 2 MWP accounts (POP3/IMAP)

Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:08 am

Settings had been saved and checked. Recycling MWP seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”