MailWasher error; program won't start

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
KHaining
Mystified Moa

MailWasher error; program won't start

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:34 pm

Things were fine. Then, suddenly, blue screen of death (under Windows 10). Once my computer rebooted, now MailWasher refuses to boot. I get the error message "The invocation of the constructor on type 'MailWasherPro.CustomDataGridControl' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception." I googled that, found someone who'd had the problem a few months back, and the suggestion was to delete the "Settings.xml" file under the user profile's app data section. I've done that, but it hasn't made any difference -- MailWasher still won't load. Please help!

Thank you.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: MailWasher error; program won't start

Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:06 pm

It's the startup.xml file you want to delete I think. Found in C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust\MailWasher\
KHaining
Mystified Moa

Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:25 pm

Sorry, that was my typo. I meant I deleted the startup.xml file and it didn't help.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:21 am

Before trying out each of the following suggestions (one at a time,) ensure that your MailWasher is closed and not running as a background process.

First, ensure that you have the latest copy of MWP running — if not, download it from here and install it.

Next, check whether repairing your .NET Framework by downloading and installing this repair tool — if not, reinstall the latest Microsoft .NET Framework.

If even that does not work, restore your system to the most recent date (if you have mirrored an image, via any third party app./program) — if not, perform a System Restore on your Windows to the most recent state when MailWasher was confirmed to have worked.

Alternatively, you might want to backup your settings before uninstalling MailWasher, restarting the computer and then cleaning-up the debris followed by a full, clean re-install.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
KHaining
Mystified Moa

Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:26 am

Thank you for the suggestions. For some strange reason, it's working today when it didn't yesterday. The only difference between then and now is about 8 hours -- the startup.xml was left deleted (although when I tried to start MailWasher immediately after deleting it I continued to get the error message). Perhaps it was some temporary setting Windows needed more time to get rid of. Who knows? I did have to re-set most of my settings about display and whatnot, but at least it's working again. Thank you all for your help.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”