Mailwasher keeps opening in wrong monitor

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
JezUK
Student Sheep

Mailwasher keeps opening in wrong monitor

Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:43 pm

I have 3 monitors.

What is it going to take for Mailwasher to open in my preferred monitor ?

For some reason it now always opens in my 3rd monitor (the rightmost)- my least preferred of the three.

I want it to always open on startup of Windows 7 on my leftmost (designated monitor 1).

Thanks.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher keeps opening in wrong monitor

Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:56 pm

So if you move MailWasher to the monitor you want, File >> Exit >> when MailWasher starts it again opens on the wrong monitor ?
JezUK
Student Sheep

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:23 pm

rusticdog wrote:So if you move MailWasher to the monitor you want, File >> Exit >> when MailWasher starts it again opens on the wrong monitor ?
Exactly !

And then, if I move it to my first monitor, check mail, use it etc, then exit out of the program. When I restart the program (not restarting Windows) it still goes to the 3rd monitor.....
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:32 pm

OK.

Can you first install this version and verify the problem still exists. http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... 042017.exe

Assuming it does (which I believe it will, but want to be 100%), then flick me some logs, if you go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'opening wrong monitor' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs.

Reply back here once sent, so I can be they've arrived.
JezUK
Student Sheep

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:35 pm

No need.

I fixed it - nothing to do with Mailwasher - it was a 3rd party piece of multi-monitor software taking care of things.

My apologies.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:33 pm

Great, glad you got it sorted.

Just occurred to me, the custom MailWasher window may be conflicting. You could try disabling that under Settings >> Display >> remove the check mark from 'Enable custom window border' >> Save. It's possible with that off, MailWasher will behave with the third party software.
JezUK
Student Sheep

Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:46 pm

rusticdog wrote:Just occurred to me, the custom MailWasher window may be conflicting. You could try disabling that under Settings >> Display >> remove the check mark from 'Enable custom window border' >> Save.....
Thank you so much for informing me of that feature - damn, I've had MW for at least 10 years and I've always had that "on" - giving me a custom MW interface which wouldn't behave as my other software and needing me to manually size the MW interface.

Now, with that setting disabled, MW behaves as I need it to, for example when wanting it to maximise to half of a screen (by 'force moving' it to a monitor's left/right/top/bottom edge) - it now does that faultlessly :).

Many thanks for that great, great, great tip :)
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:51 am

For the record, I have a dual-monitor setup. I have "Enable custom window border" checked. MWP always opens on my secondary monitor like I want it too.

As for 3rd party software, not sure what type you are referring to, but I use Ultramon to give me better control over my multimonitor setup but I have not made any special settings for MailWasher specifically.

W10 Pro 64-bit
MSI R7 370 2GD5T OC card using DVI to both monitors.
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────
Tetrol
It begins with a single step

Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:21 am

Hve been using Mailwasher for too many years to remember, and it always opens on my primary monitor (where I do not want it). If I click on the button to change to windowed view it shoots across to the secondary monitor wher eit can be re-expanded to full screen. It stays put there until I restart the computer.

I thought I would change the suggested setting - the only change I got was that when I click on the windowed view it stays on the primary monitor and has to be manually moved across - a net loss to me.

Any suggestions? My dual monitor setup is run via windows/nvidia, no other related software in use. Email, internet (Firefox, IE and Google Chrome) , MS Office applications all behave themselves and open on the last screen they were used.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”