MMWP 7.9.0 is not deleting emails at the server

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Norman_24
Student Sheep

MMWP 7.9.0 is not deleting emails at the server

Wed May 10, 2017 6:19 am

Mailwasher Pro is not deleting the emails when I click the delete tab and wash the email, they still are being d/l onto my pc, any ideas??? It's been doing this since the last update I believe... And they don't auto-delete from the program unless I do a check mail again...

Thanks,

Norman
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: MMWP 7.9.0 is not deleting emails at the server

Wed May 10, 2017 10:25 am

MWP does not remove the emails from the grid until the first Check Mail after they have been download/removed from the server
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed May 10, 2017 6:07 pm

When you say
Norman_24 wrote:they still are being d/l onto my pc
do you mean the emails that you've deleted?
Windows 10
Norman_24
Student Sheep

Thu May 11, 2017 8:28 am

ataraxy wrote:When you say
Yes...
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu May 11, 2017 8:53 am

Norman_24 wrote:
ataraxy wrote:When you say
Yes...
Do you have your email client set to D/L when it starts or at timed intervals? If so remove those options.

Also do you have the account at the server or in your email client set to leave a copy on the server? If so change them

Is your account set up as POP or IMAP?
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Norman_24
Student Sheep

Sat May 13, 2017 7:51 am

I always d/l from M/W and it is set at intervals as it always been for years.. I just turned it off..

No copy left on server - What happens is it will d/l the marked deleted email from M//W and it will go into my email client junk folder, as at one time or another I must have marked said email for junk in email client

POP is the account set-up

Also, M//W does not start when system boots up anymore. Yes, the info is set correctly within M/W to boot on startup and within Windows.. <-- This has been going on now close to a year..

Many thanks,

Norman
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Sat May 13, 2017 8:51 am

Norman_24 wrote:I always d/l from M/W and it is set at intervals as it always been for years.. I just turned it off..

No copy left on server - What happens is it will d/l the marked deleted email from M//W and it will go into my email client junk folder, as at one time or another I must have marked said email for junk in email client

POP is the account set-up

Also, M//W does not start when system boots up anymore. Yes, the info is set correctly within M/W to boot on startup and within Windows.. <-- This has been going on now close to a year..

Many thanks,

Norman
Clarification. MWP never has the emails, they are always setting on the server. MWP d/l only a sample large enough to do the analysis. The full email always remains on the providers server. When you mark a message for delete in MWP and then do a wash it communicates back to the server to delete the message from the POP server.

Are talking an extremely large number of message for deletion at any one time? If not then you email provider is either ignoring the delete requests or MWP is erroring out and should show error(s) in the error tab. If you look at the lower RH side of the MWP window it should be showing you how many emails that you have marked for deletion prior to the wash. Then as soon as you hit the Wash button if you observer the lower LH side of the window you should see the deletions count down
Norman_24
Student Sheep

Thu May 18, 2017 6:20 am

Ok I do understand what your saying here, but the spam email today was clicked for deletion on MWP and still it was downloaded into my junk email folder, I'm using Windows Live Mail.

This was one single email for deletion.. No error shown at all... I forgot to look at the lower right that would show that email, I will keep an eye out for it the next time, seems like alot of SPAM emails are being circulated lately...

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted.... :)
Norman_24
Student Sheep

Thu May 18, 2017 8:33 am

Just received a SPAM email and it was located on the bottom right marked for deletion in MWP but d//l it to my junk email folder anyways... I have screenshots depicting this as well...
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri May 19, 2017 4:11 am

Norman_24 wrote:Just received a SPAM email and it was located on the bottom right marked for deletion in MWP but d//l it to my junk email folder anyways... I have screenshots depicting this as well...

How is your account set up IMAP or POP?

Also make sure that you email client is not set to automatically download the emails at start up or at timed intervals.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”