Restore from Recycle Bin not working

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
RGC
Travelling Tuatara

Restore from Recycle Bin not working

Tue May 16, 2017 10:46 pm

Ever since I installed Mailwasher Pro 7.9 the Restore function has not worked.
I have browsed the subject on here to see if I may have missed something, I've checked the outgoing mail settings on Recycle bin.

I have tried the gmail smtp, to no avail and I have tested my other smtp options backwards and forwards to make sure they're ok.
I do not get any error messages, it says "1 of 1 messages have been restored", but the messages never make it back to my inbox.

When emails get accidentally deleted I have to contact the sender and ask them to re-send the emails, which can be a little embarrassing and time consuming.

Where do I go from here? :help
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Restore from Recycle Bin not working

Wed May 17, 2017 12:42 am

RGC wrote:I have tried the gmail smtp, to no avail and I have tested my other smtp options backwards and forwards to make sure they're ok.
I do not get any error messages, it says "1 of 1 messages have been restored", but the messages never make it back to my inbox.
Ensure that the Gmail SMTP settings on your MailWasher match the following:—
SMTP__(Gmail-1).png
SMTP__(Gmail-1).png (53.07 KiB) Viewed 7118 times
[/center]

RGC wrote:I've checked the outgoing mail settings on Recycle bin.
Ensure that a higher value is opted for by dragging the slider to the right, as per the the following:—
Recycle_Bin_Setting-1.png
Recycle_Bin_Setting-1.png (99.25 KiB) Viewed 7114 times
[/center]
Ensure that your Gmail account is selected on your Recycle Bin as per the the following:—
Recycle_Bin_Setting-2.png
Recycle_Bin_Setting-2.png (100.86 KiB) Viewed 7114 times
[/center]
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
RGC
Travelling Tuatara

Wed May 17, 2017 3:16 am

@Trustfire
Thanks for the speedy response.
I've checked all the settings and can confirm that apart from the Username my settings are identical to the example shown.
As I said before, when I click to restore I get the message "1 of 1 messages have been restored", but when I check the inbox there is no restored message.

:help
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Wed May 17, 2017 3:35 am

Can you try the following steps:—
  1. Restart your computer
  2. Ensure that no other app. or program is run.
  3. Run MailWasher and restore a message of your choice.
  4. Close MailWasher immediately — ensure it is not running as a background process.
  5. Run your browser and login to your e-mail account and check whether the deleted message is now appearing on the Inbox.
  6. If not, check whether it is being reflected under the Deleted Items of your mail account.
ps:—
  • Please also mention your e-mail service — there is always this possibility that your ISP and/or ESP might not be taking a liking to the MailWasher restore.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Wed May 17, 2017 4:23 am

TrustFire wrote:ps:—
  • <snip> there is always this possibility that your ISP and/or ESP might not be taking a liking to the MailWasher restore.
Yet another possibility is that you (or someone else, using your computer) might knowingly (or unknowingly) have set one (or more) auto-delete filter/s — these filters are one of the various other causes for restored messages failing to make it to the Inbox.
RGC
Travelling Tuatara

Sat May 20, 2017 1:47 am

Thanks.

My ISPs are:
XLN and TalkTalk
my 3G is Virgin.

I have several ESP accounts including XLN, Onetel (TalkTalk), Gmail and LCN.

I have tried disabling all Filters except "Restored Email"

I sent flwg test emails, deleted them immediately and tried to restore them
Onetel to XLN, success
XLN to Onetel failed
XLN to Gmail, success
Gmail to XLN, success
Onetel to Gmail, success
Gmail to Onetel, failed.

In all instances of clicking the MW pro restore icon I got the "1 of 1 Messages have been restored" msg.

I checked the Onetel account using Webmail and there are no blacklisted addresses, and just to be sure I disabled the blacklist and repeated the test and again the restored message failed to make it back to the Onetel Inbox. Any ideas?

ps. Where is the Mailwasher Recycle bin? Is it on the client PC somewhere?
RGC
Travelling Tuatara

Sat May 20, 2017 2:54 am

@TrustFire
Please ignore my previous message, It's fixed now. :D
I re-input the smtp password on the onetel account in MW and it works.
I suspect the password had a lowercase character where an uppercase one was required.

After getting it to work, I re-input the incorrect version of the password and it still gave the "1 of 1 Messages have been restored" msg.
How strange !, I would have expected a failed to send message.

Anyway, all's well that ends well.
Many many thanks for your patience.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat May 20, 2017 3:07 am

Glad you resolved that and thank you for reporting back. :D :thumbsup

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”