Disable Overall Evaluation

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Disable Overall Evaluation

Tue May 23, 2017 7:58 am

bluscarab wrote:And thats whats happening here including random emails on my friends list with a Friends Filter that scores those emails +200 and never mark for delete which somehow ends up scoring zero and in the recycle bin automatically. And its not all of them all the time. Its random. But still, with a zero eval, they shouldn't get deleted.
Thankfully, that is not what is happening at my end — each and every of my filter is working like a well-oiled machinery. :thumbsup

The Yahoo! mails (on my last illustration) which are manually deleted, by me but showing 0 evaluation . . . . . . . . even that is not a bug, as far as my case is concerned since I know exactly why it is happening and therefore never bothered reporting it. 8)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
bluscarab
Student Sheep

Tue May 23, 2017 8:02 am

well.....too bad for me then.

Look, I know that this may not ever be done but is there a way to actually turn off scoring and make 7.9 function strictly on controlled rules like 6.5? I would use 6.5 but it doesn't move spam to the IMAP spam folder. It moves it to the local server. 6.5 is also a lot slower.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Tue May 23, 2017 8:36 am

Yes, of course — my copy is completely freed from the evaluation system (but, one needs to start from scratch and just discard all those filters accumulated from the V6 — especially the auto-delete filters.) :idea:

BTW, from our beta-testing team, ATM . . . . . I'm the only one who has side-stepped the evaluation system and that MailWasher possibility is my only continued reason for using it. :mrgreen:

Pro. Tip:—
  • Once you are 100% in control — you could even contemplate reversing your anti-spam policy from the usual "Allow all and deny select" policy . . . . . . to a more resurgent "Deny all and allow select" policy (works fabulous especially for folks with high volume payloads.)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
bluscarab
Student Sheep

Tue May 23, 2017 9:15 am

Would love to deny all allow select but unfortunately, we receive legitimate email from all walks of life requesting all kinds of stuff.

BTW, I found something interesting. By simply changing the Recycle Bin screener from last 7 days to today, makes the deleted emails show from correct...
MWP78 recycle correctly shown_New (1).jpg
MWP78 recycle correctly shown_New (1).jpg (124.43 KiB) Viewed 7952 times
...to incorrect with eval score zero and a size change from 10.1 KB to 1 KB.
MWP78 recycle INcorrectly shown_New (1).jpg
MWP78 recycle INcorrectly shown_New (1).jpg (96.2 KiB) Viewed 7952 times
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue May 23, 2017 1:04 pm

bluscarab wrote:And thats whats happening here including random emails on my friends list with a Friends Filter that scores those emails +200 and never mark for delete which somehow ends up scoring zero and in the recycle bin automatically. And its not all of them all the time. Its random. But still, with a zero eval, they shouldn't get deleted.
Unless they match a custom filter that you've set to auto-delete, as that overrides everything. I'm still plugging away trying to reproduce the issue, what I'd suggest in the interim is set your filters you have to auto-delete to just instead flag the emails for delete. It's not ideal, but it might present you with a rogue filter that is causing the issue.

My reasoning is if there was a custom filter tagging these emails, auto-deleting, but not correctly labelling in the recycle bin, that would explain the situation.
At present however all my auto-deleted emails coming into the bin are being labelled in their Status, so I can't be sure that is the cause.
bluscarab
Student Sheep

Fri May 26, 2017 11:32 am

I think I figured out one of the issues where my Recycle Bin shows blank zero status on the messages: in each of the mail accounts, I have set "Move deleted messages into folder" Spam.

Can anyone see if this can be replicated?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri May 26, 2017 2:11 pm

bluscarab wrote:I think I figured out one of the issues where my Recycle Bin shows blank zero status on the messages: in each of the mail accounts, I have set "Move deleted messages into folder" Spam.

Can confirm, many thanks for picking that up, it was really doing my head in. Something so bloody simple too. Will add it to the fix list.

That would mean if you disabled that option, you should see reasons why emails were put into the Bin, however, it also means the emails will be deleted and not moved into Spam.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Fri May 26, 2017 6:02 pm

bluscarab wrote:I think I figured out one of the issues where my Recycle Bin shows blank zero status on the messages: in each of the mail accounts, I have set "Move deleted messages into folder" Spam.

Each and every one of my accounts are set to move deleted mails into Trash — can't replicate the issue.

Have never tried to set move deleted mails into Spam folder, though — don't really see the wisdom of doing that.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Fri May 26, 2017 6:26 pm

With one simple configuration . . . . . . . . . on my Yahoo! IMAP account, I am now able to decide (at will) whether deleted mails in the Recycle Bin are displayed with those missing fields or not — please note I am able to reproduce this behavior with 100% consistency.

Also note, by deleted mails the reference is to manually deleted mails — not auto-deleted ones as reported at this topic.

As can be seen (on my following screenshot,) the first half shows missing fields and the second half shows all classification fields — all mails are from the same IMAP account:—
Missing_Fields.png
Missing_Fields.png (240.27 KiB) Viewed 7896 times
[/center]
bluscarab
Student Sheep

Mon May 29, 2017 7:55 am

Hi guys ~ Thanks for sticking with me on this. I believe that the fix you're working on will resolve the first issue I had as well and so I'll wait for next release before inundating this thread with various symptoms.

In the meantime, I'd like to give you some additional work for the next version that doesn't have anything to do with bugs :P . If its not too much trouble, could you please add an option in display settings for single flat colors for the rows with gridlines? The alternating colors is messing with my eyes. Also, can you add the status "Manually Deleted" in the Recycle Bin for manually deleted mail? Currently, it shows blank.
MWP711 add deleted status.jpg
MWP711 add deleted status.jpg (217.66 KiB) Viewed 7868 times
Thanks again! You guys are the best! :bow
bluscarab
Student Sheep

Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:07 am

Hi ~

I was just wondering if there is a hotfix for this issue yet?

If not - no biggie. Thanks!

~ Blu
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Not at present Blu, unfortunately our progress on version 8 of MailWasher has been significantly delayed. And we've not had a chance to visit these suggestions.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”