Mailwasher Pro 7 skips email constantly

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Mailwasher Pro 7 skips email constantly

Wed May 24, 2017 10:13 am

DaveInTrinity wrote:
Clipboard01-sm.jpg
Clipboard01-sm.jpg (59.81 KiB) Viewed 7154 times
[/center]
Can you re-post the above screenshot without obfuscating the 2 (highlighted) fields.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
DaveInTrinity
Student Sheep

Thu May 25, 2017 2:12 am

My problem now seems worse. I have not had a single email come through from the problem account in days. There are no error messages from MWP.

Btw, when I click the check email button, it appears to connect and says "Logging in to xxx" and displays a "Found xxx messages" in the notification bar.

Is there a limit on the number of emails in MWP? That account has about 6K messages (it's a business account). I have been slowly paring that down.
DaveInTrinity
Student Sheep

Thu May 25, 2017 2:16 am

Reposting the picture to show the fields... which fields? I really didn't want to display that publicly. This could make a hacker's job easier. I'd be happy to PM it you. The settings for the top two accounts, Dave and Lori, are exactly the same. Dave works fine. Lori doesn't.
Last edited by DaveInTrinity on Thu May 25, 2017 2:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Thu May 25, 2017 2:27 am

DaveInTrinity wrote:Is there a limit on the number of emails in MWP? That account has about 6K messages (it's a business account). I have been slowly paring that down.
There is no limit which I have been able to reach, as yet — check out this example of a 10k+ messages.

DaveInTrinity wrote:Reposting the picture to show the fields... which fields? I really didn't want to display that publicly. This could make a hacker's job easier. I'd be happy to PM it you.
Have marked the following 2 fields on your original screenshot:—
  1. Server Address, and
  2. Server Port Number
Those 2 fields do not contain any personable detail and can be safely posted here.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
DaveInTrinity
Student Sheep

Thu May 25, 2017 2:47 am

Edit/Update:

Ok, wow! I think I figured this out with clues from all of the above!

I kept saying and thinking these accounts were identical (which they are... essentially). It turns out that on the problematic account, the "Username" field in MWP had a cap letter (Lori@xxx.com) and the working account was all lowercase (dave@xxx.com). Now, mind you, in my email client, the username field appears case-insensitive. It works just fine with any combination of upper/lower case in the username field. That's why I ignored it.

In my AHA moment, I changed "Lori" to "lori". MWP re-downloaded all 6K messages, then re-evaluated them. It picked up email that was previously missing. I don't quite understand this, but somehow MWP is handling username case differently than my email client, and actually even my server and webmail, because they work fine with the mixed case. Btw, MWP threw up no errors and even said connection successful when setting up the account.

So... I'll keep an eye on this. Maybe it's resolved. I don't know yet. I have to wait for more mail to come in. Thanks everyone.
DaveInTrinity
Student Sheep

Thu May 25, 2017 4:06 am

And... nope! It initially downloaded 5 new messages when I changed the username on the account. That tells me the account is properly set up and working. Then, just nothing. I get mail in all the other accounts, but nothing in the "Lori" account. I know there's mail available because it comes up in webmail and in my email client.

Still broken. <sigh>

Update:

Deleted the account. Reinstalled it completely. The account window said "Connection successful". WMP downloaded the 6011 messages and evaluated them. It brought in 8 new messages on that account. Waited awhile and checked, nothing new came through in WMP although 6 new emails were in my email client. Still broken. It only seems to work when I make an account change, then stops dead.

Btw, I noticed that if I uncheck "Include in default mail check", WMP still checks the mail for the accounts when I click the "Check mail" button.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu May 25, 2017 12:07 pm

Can you first download and install 7.11 if you have no already http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... 052017.exe

Should that continue to display the issue, can you send me some logs. If you go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'mailwasher not loading new mails' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs.

Btw, I noticed that if I uncheck "Include in default mail check", WMP still checks the mail for the accounts when I click the "Check mail" button.
This is a designed behaviour. When you Check Mail, MailWasher will check all default accounts + any other accounts that have emails loaded in the list.

Cheers
DaveInTrinity
Student Sheep

Fri May 26, 2017 2:27 am

I will install the linked version this afternoon and report.

Edit: I was already using that version mailwasher_pro_setup_7_11_00_23052017. I performed a "Repair" install in case something went wrong initially.

Yesterday, I took a plunge and uninstalled WMP, deleted the settings, and started over completely fresh. I installed WMP, set up JUST the problematic account ("Lori@xxxx.com") by hand (not imported). It was working very well. Then, I added the other email account ("Dave@xxxx.com") the same way from scratch. The first account ("Lori") stopped receiving emails in WMP.

Also, I am now occasionally seeing a message saying "Index was outside the bounds of the array". Then WMP closes. Just one account is set up at the moment. 6000 messages.

Thank you for your help.

DaveInTrinity
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri May 26, 2017 4:23 am

6000 is quite a few, I imagine you just want MailWasher to load the newer messages ? If under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> Advanced >> uncheck Download Read Email >> then MailWasher will only load the Unread messages in that account and skip messages flagged as Read.

For the array crash, if you do the above I would leave things and see how they go. Optionally you can right click over the date/time column heading showing in MailWasher >> and remove the check mark against 'Group By xxxxxx' (it could be Sent/Arrived or Received depending...) That crash is a bug we've not yet resolved that can happen when grouping messages and loading many messages, so if your message load is less, you'll in turn see the crash a lot less.

Once you've sent some logs, just reply back so I know to check for them.

Cheers
DaveInTrinity
Student Sheep

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:05 am

Hi,

Sorry I haven't logged in on this recently. I pretty much gave up on MWP. I have only two accounts in MWP and it crashes (index out of bounds) virtually every time I try to wash mail; even with only one item marked for deletion.

I don't get any messages in the logs aside from saying it completed this or that. Occasionally a "fetching mail incomplete" message. I haven't seen a single error message. I guess a refund is out of the question at this point. Oh, well. Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it.

Dave
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi Dave

We've got a 90 day refund policy, so if your purchase was within that time it won't be a problem. I couldn't see anything in our records under your Yahoo account though, so just email me at forum@firetrust.com letting me know the email address you would have used during the purchase

Cheers
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:34 pm

DaveInTrinity wrote:Thanks for trying to help.
Actually, hardly got the opportunity to help since you were solving the issue/s all by yourself. ;)

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”