cache\crypto

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
philsbbs
Active Albatross

cache\crypto

Sun May 21, 2017 11:24 pm

Hi,

I've read various posts and looked on various websites regarding the cache\crypto folder.

My folder is now over 493,000 and windows cannot simply handle the backup "imperius backup" I've tired copying/deleting etc and it all takes way to long due to the reading/writing of the files. Has anyone got a good solution for backing it up and restoring the folder.

I read mixed reviews about deleting old files in this folder, what is the best solution to back this folder up and restore if need be.

My license comes due for renewal in July and this problem will effect if I renew or not.

Have a good weekend.
Phil
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: cache\crypto

Sun May 21, 2017 11:47 pm

That's quite a lot, under Settings >> Accounts >>Incoming >> for your pop accounts you can remove the option to store cached emails.

You could also consider reducing how long MailWasher stores deleted emails.

The best way to try a new fresh folder, just rename the folder with MailWasher closed to something like oldcache, create a new cache folder and copy mwp.db3 from the old to the new

To restore, just rename it back after removing the new folder
philsbbs
Active Albatross

Sun May 21, 2017 11:50 pm

That's quite a lot, under Settings >> Accounts >>Incoming >> for your pop accounts you can remove the option to store cached emails.
- I read that and also read about making sure it was ticked, so glad I checked.

You could also consider reducing how long MailWasher stores deleted emails
- currently set for five days.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sun May 21, 2017 11:53 pm

OK, I would start a fresh one then with the mwp.db3 from the older folder, see how it goes. This will reset your learning, but it won't take long for that to get back up to speed.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Mon May 22, 2017 1:50 am

philsbbs wrote:what is the best solution to back this folder up and restore if need be.
I backup the entire MailWasher User files and also the Program Data — I find the best solution to be a synchronization software which can be utilized for all other apps. and programs, as well.

The most sophisticated synchronization software on planet earth is Syncovery Pro. — n00bs will find it quite daunting, though. 8)

MailWasher has its own backup/restore which I find too tame for my use. :devil

philsbbs wrote:My license comes due for renewal in July and this problem will effect if I renew or not.
. . . . . not at all.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Mon May 22, 2017 8:51 am

You can also use the File, Export function in the upper RH side of MWP. A Tick Box exists to include the Learning Data there also.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”