MW 7.11 issue

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
karylv
Student Sheep

MW 7.11 issue

Fri May 26, 2017 1:05 am

Downloaded and installed the new version last night. Checked mail this morning, I get a Page a Day calendar email every day which I open in MW, change to view in html (because I don't normally allow emails to show in html), read then delete. When I clicked on view in html this morning, MW crashed. So I can get around this by allowing Thunderbird to download that email, but seems like there's a background issue that could use tweaking?

Windows 10, 16 gigs RAM, MW installed on my data drive D, not on C (I don't generally install a lot of programs to C because I really hate the UAC crap.... Mostly all I have in Program Files on C is windows and microsoft stuff). This is practically the first issue I've ever had with MW, which I've been using since - hmmm - version 1.2 looks like....
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: MW 7.11 issue

Fri May 26, 2017 1:33 am

Did or does MailWasher crash every time viewing this particular email in HTML ?

If you can send me some logs, that might help track down the cause. If you go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'page a day email crashing', if too this is a site I can subscribe to, and get the same emails also let me know the site in there >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs.

If you can reply back once sent, so I know to be on the lookout for them.

Many thanks
rd
karylv
Student Sheep

Fri May 26, 2017 3:01 am

Logs away. The site is www.pageaday.com/ - I don't know if you can register and get emails free though, I've had a sub there for years. I should have said that I run MW as administrator, btw. Also, I tried the email this morning about 10 times and it crashed exactly the same way every time, as did a couple of other emails when I clicked view in html. One of those was from my stepdaughter, the other one was from America's Test <removed>.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri May 26, 2017 4:17 am

No logs arrived, that's not too unusual. Can I get you go into Help >> User Files >> look for the autosupport.eml file >> right click this and select Send To >> Mail Recipient >> and email it to me at forum@firetrust.com
karylv
Student Sheep

Fri May 26, 2017 4:39 am

On its way.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri May 26, 2017 4:49 am

OK, for the Gmail accounts under Settings >> Accounts >> Outgoing >> check that you have the 'Secure Connection' type set to SSL, and that SMTP Server Requires Authentication is checked, using same settings as Incoming. That should fix up why the logs weren't sent.

Unfortunately, the logs aren't detailing why MailWasher crashed. Ideally if I can get a copy of the message to test with, to get that fully in ThunderBird if you open one of these emails that caused the crash >> then click in the View menu >> select Message Source >> in the popup that appears right click and choose Select All >> right click again and Copy >> if you can paste this into a text file and email me that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again
rd
karylv
Student Sheep

Fri May 26, 2017 6:38 am

Well, I deleted them from Thunderbird after I downloaded them from gmail. I'll have another calendar email in the morning; I'll get that info to you tomorrow then.
karylv
Student Sheep

Sat May 27, 2017 12:55 am

Sent you the requested info just now, thanks!

Thought I'd report one more issue too: I have always had a shortcut to MW in my Startup folder, so as soon as windows loads it's open on my desktop. This version refuses to do that. I have it set to start when windows starts (in MW settings) like I always have, and put a shortcut to the new version .exe in the Startup folder.

I see the "loading" block but the program never opens on my desktop.
karylv
Student Sheep

Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:43 pm

So, seems like I'm the only one in the world with this issue. Okay, I can deal with that.

How do I roll back to 7.7 (which worked just fine) without having to redo all my settings, accounts etc?
Pierre
Knowledgeable Kea

Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:20 pm

Here is your link to 7.7 as requested. Hope it still woks and helps you.

http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... up_7_7.exe
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT

I am only a ßeta Tester and getting older as well.
karylv
Student Sheep

Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:59 am

Thanks Pierre. I have the 7.7 installer executable in file already. I just am not sure how to roll back to that version without losing all my settings. If it's as simple as just double click the executable, and MWP will install over 7.11 without wiping my settings, that's great. If I have to uninstall 7.11 beforehand, then I'll have to make sure to screenshot all the settings panes first.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:11 am

karylv wrote:Thanks Pierre. I have the 7.7 installer executable in file already. I just am not sure how to roll back to that version without losing all my settings. If it's as simple as just double click the executable, and MWP will install over 7.11 without wiping my settings, that's great. If I have to uninstall 7.11 beforehand, then I'll have to make sure to screenshot all the settings panes first.
When you uninstall MWP will ask if you want to keep your settings, respond yes and then run the version that you want.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
karylv
Student Sheep

Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:26 am

Great! I'm not sure I've ever uninstalled it before in all these years....

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”