Transfering Licence to a new computer

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
pjfollyfarm
Rattled Rabbit

Transfering Licence to a new computer

Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:01 pm

I have a single lifetime licence for Mailwasher Pro 7 that I bought in the last few months. I have now bought a new laptop with Windows 10 to replace my old one which is headed for battery failkure. I am happy to install Mailwasher on the new computer and set up the couple of email accounts I currently have.

Ideally I would like to have the program installed on both computers for a short while (maybe a week or two) whilst I progressively transfer existing programs & data etc, buy some new ones and generally get the new machine fully configured. Then I would shut down the old computer, but perhaps keep it in the cupboard for backup for a year or two.

Is this acceptable for a single Mailwasher Licence? Or do I need to wipe it from the old computer before the new installation will work? Can you please tell me what is permitted? Hopefully the question makes sense.

Happy days
PJ.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Transfering Licence to a new computer

Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:29 pm

A MailWasher V7 license is good for 3 computers — after installation on a new computer, just enter the same Registration Key (no need to deactivate it on the older system.)

In order to transfer all accounts and settings on a system where the default location of the User Files has not been changed, one can copy-paste the following directory to the new system (just ensure MailWasher is completely closed and not running as a background process):—
  • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust
ps:—
  • The above location is relevant to Operating Systems from Vista upwards.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
pjfollyfarm
Rattled Rabbit

Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:03 pm

Many thanks.
Very much appreciated.
Elektra
Active Albatross

Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:40 am

TrustFire wrote:In order to transfer all accounts and settings on a system where the default location of the User Files has not been changed, one can copy-paste the following directory to the new system (just ensure MailWasher is completely closed and not running as a background process):—
  • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust
The above folder contains an XML file called Accounts. Is there any way I can use that to import or copy all my mail accounts to the Mobile version please?
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:15 am

Personally, I do not use the mobile version — hope someone else with experience would be able to help you. :)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:02 am

When you activate the mobile capability from within MWP setting up the sign on to be used etc. the accounts should set up automatically in MWM.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
mrbeanpa
Student Sheep

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:00 am

Just read this thread as I am about to move a licence from one of my 3 licenced machines to new machine. How do I deactivate the licence on the old machine so that I can activate it on the new machine? Will uninstalling it release the key? Can't locate anything within MWP, nor when I log in to my account...
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:17 am

mrbeanpa wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:00 am
Just read this thread as I am about to move a licence from one of my 3 licenced machines to new machine. How do I deactivate the licence on the old machine so that I can activate it on the new machine? Will uninstalling it release the key? Can't locate anything within MWP, nor when I log in to my account...
You don't need to. If you get an error with the license, just let us know and we'll reset it on the server.

Cheers

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”