Body of one email appears in the message area of one apparent sender, and vice versa.

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
dmb06851
Travelling Tuatara

Body of one email appears in the message area of one apparent sender, and vice versa.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:33 am

Up until a few minutes ago, in Mailwasher's display, an email from RoboForm held the message from a supplier of electric light bulbs, while an email from the latter company held the message from RoboForm.

I rebooted the PC and now Mailwasher has sorted this out, Each email contains the correct associated message.

Never seen that before. How could that have happened?
Equal rights for equal responsibilities.
Equal opportunities for equal abilities.
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Re: Body of one email appears in the message area of one apparent sender, and vice versa.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:28 am

Never seen that before. Did you try to exit MailWasher then start it again before you rebooted the entire computer?
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────
dmb06851
Travelling Tuatara

Re: Body of one email appears in the message area of one apparent sender, and vice versa.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:46 am

Yes I did Bill. After restarting MailWasher the email from the electric light bulb company still presented RoboForm's message, and, if I remember correctly, the email from RoboForm displayed its own message too.
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:33 am

Odd. I don't know how rebooting Windows fixed it, but restarting MW could not. But I am glad it seems to be working now.
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
─────────────────────
dmb06851
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:45 am

Quite honestly Bill I'm no longer surprised by the things that happen on this machine. It's got Windows 10 updated to the Creators (sic) version.

It wasn't 100% predictable before that, but now it's far worse. I never know what the damn thing is going to do next.

As for the fancy "Creators" name, considering the widespread ignorance regarding possessive plurals, it is unlikely that Windows 10 "Creators" version was concocted by a single person, I must assume that it is really the Creators' version, cobbled together by a team of Victor Frankenstein wannabees.
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:07 am

I don't like the "Creators" moniker either. The vast majority of Windows users never use their computers to create anything, except maybe an email, Facebook page or Word document.

In Microsoft's defense, however, I believe the "developers" at Microsoft have done an amazing job with Windows 10 as it does work amazingly well for the vast majority of users - especially on newer hardware designed to support W10 from the start. Considering there are over 1.5 billion Windows computers out there (300 million+ running W10), and virtually every single one became a unique system within minutes of first power up as users setup their own unique networks, user profiles, security, installed apps, and connected devices, Windows is a remarkable OS. That credit goes to the developers.

Now the marketing and executive side is a totally different story. Some of the decisions made by those departments often leaves even me frustrated, mad and totally confused, wondering "what were they thinking?" :crazy
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
─────────────────────
dmb06851
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:25 am

Digerati wrote: ..... wondering "what were they thinking?" :crazy
Or "were they thinking?"
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:43 am

Or "were they thinking?"
I am sure - but only of "the bottom line" instead of what the consumer needs AND wants. Think how different Windows today would be if they didn't try to jam the Windows Phone UI (Metro UI) down our throats with Windows 8? If they simply took Windows 7, a fantastic OS, and improved it, it would have been great. Instead they totally changed it without giving us the choice.

Their reasoning was simple - though totally misguided. They figured everyone would simply jump on Windows 8 because it was the newest OS. Then they figured we would all totally love having to learn an entirely new user interface and way of using our computers. Then, because we would obviously fall in love with that new UI and way of doing things, next time we wanted a new cell phone, we would pick up Windows Phone and instantly fall in love with it, and not buy an Android or Apple phone. So it was clear to them Windows 8 would sell like hotcakes, and consequently, so would Windows Phones. Instead both were total flops.
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
─────────────────────
dmb06851
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:32 pm

I just had the same thing again - body of one email attached to the sender's address of another.
It's more of a curiosity than a problem. But I would nevertheless like it cured.
Perhaps I will uninstall/re-install Mailwasher to see if that fixes it.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:26 pm

For your POP accounts, try going into Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> remove the check mark to Store Cached EMails >> Restart MailWasher
dmb06851
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:18 am

Thank you for the suggestion rusticdog, but the problem has now disappeared.

Between reporting the problem and it disappearing I uninstalled an anti-ransomeware program which had been doing something suspicious itself. I think that may have been responsible.
dmb06851
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:19 am

... and re-appeared ! My incoming setting is for IMAP. Did this to overcome some other problem .... I think, and that box is already unchecked.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:22 am

Can you try deleting the account from MailWasher then adding it back in. I think what might be happening is MailWasher trying to use an internal cache system for IMAP, which is not supposed to happen. Deleting the account and adding it back will correct that.
dmb06851
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:14 am

Yes, I will do that.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”