Why is 7.11 so slooooow?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
jenpen
Travelling Tuatara

Why is 7.11 so slooooow?

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Since upgrading, MW takes ages to download, then ages again to evaluate. We're talking a couple of minutes for each, when there might just be 15 or so emails there. Do I need to reinstall?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Why is 7.11 so slooooow?

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:35 pm

Yeah that's not right. Can you try sending me some logs first. If you go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'painfully slow' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs.

If you can reply back here once sent too.

Cheers
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:48 am

I've noticed that my W7 32 bit LT has become slow and so I checked my CPU usage and it is at and remains at 100%. Haven't had time to drill down yet but that will slow MWP.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
jenpen
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:12 pm

Thanks Chris, I've sent the logs.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:08 pm

Bugger, nothing arrived.

Can you instead go Help >> User Files >> look for autosupport.eml and email me that file to forum@firetrust.com
janoble
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:19 am

I'm having the same problem. MW has been very slow to start up since the 7.X enhanced GUI. Now it is slow and unreliable checking the mail. It's also very slow evaluating those messages it manages to download. There are times when it says it can not connect to the server for one or more of the three default accounts that had just worked a minute earlier. The version 7.8 I had been using until last week worked acceptably. The problems seem to improve as MW has run for some time.

I have Win10 version 1703 (Last update) on a Quad-core AMD connected hardwire to the cable modem through a Switch. I have installed the Norton Security Suite provided by Comcast.

I have used MW since late 2004. I currently have two lifetime licenses for MailwasherPro so I'm committed to MW, however in it's current state I would not recommend it to someone else.

I will email the autosupport file to the forum email.

Thanks
Joe
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:47 pm

janoble wrote:I'm having the same problem. MW has been very slow to start up since the 7.X enhanced GUI. Now it is slow and unreliable checking the mail. It's also very slow evaluating those messages it manages to download. There are times when it says it can not connect to the server for one or more of the three default accounts that had just worked a minute earlier. The version 7.8 I had been using until last week worked acceptably. The problems seem to improve as MW has run for some time.

I have Win10 version 1703 (Last update) on a Quad-core AMD connected hardwire to the cable modem through a Switch. I have installed the Norton Security Suite provided by Comcast.

I have used MW since late 2004. I currently have two lifetime licenses for MailwasherPro so I'm committed to MW, however in it's current state I would not recommend it to someone else.

I will email the autosupport file to the forum email.

Thanks
Joe
Hi Joe

Those logs indicate MW trying to connect to the mail server, but timing out after 30 seconds. Though it is intermittent, for example when 2 of your accounts fail to connect, your third connects fine.

Try using SSL and see if that's any better, if you go into Settings >> Accounts >> for each of your accounts select the Incoming tab >> click Advanced >> select the option "This server requires a secure connection" >> you'll note the port number will change to 995, which is correct >> Save.

If that's no better, try Settings >> General >> Checking Mail >> bring the Check Throttle all the way tot left and set it to 1 >> Save.
janoble
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:03 am

Rustic Dog,

Sorry, I hadn't seen your response until today. I just changed to SSL. In the first test it seems to have helped. If that changes I'll let you know. I also changed to SSL in outlook for the two real accounts.

Thanks
Joe
janoble
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:52 am

Well just received an error while checking mail. I sent you the autosupport file.

Joe
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:12 am

janoble wrote:Well just received an error while checking mail. I sent you the autosupport file.

Joe

I have no file arrive either, you did send to forum@firetrust.com ?
janoble
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:00 am

No, I sent it to support. I just resent to forum.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:48 pm

This one is a puzzler. There's no obvious reason in the logs why MW is failing to connect.

I would try first uninstalling >> reboot >> then reinstall MW >> when prompted opt to keep your data files
http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... 052017.exe
janoble
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:21 am

Chris,

Can this be related to Norton Security Suite? I recently installed NSS free from Comcast. It seems to be working for everything except MW and Outlook. Outlook is also having connection issues. I have had problems with NSS in the past and I stopped using it for the last two years. I used AVG instead.
janoble
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:52 am

Chris,

Can this be related to Norton Security Suite? I recently installed NSS free from Comcast. It seems to be working for everything except MW and Outlook. Outlook is also having connection issues. I have had problems with NSS in the past and I stopped using it for the last two years. I used AVG instead.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:30 am

janoble wrote:Chris,

I use NSS without any issues. Mine is from Norton not Comcast. Check your NSS settings and make sure that you have MWP and Outlooks set as "Trusted"
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”