Directories / Files

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
DeskPilot
Rattled Rabbit

Directories / Files

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:41 am

I am a very experienced computer user so it will come as no surprise to you that I have accidentally formatted my hard drive :facepalm :crazy . Luckily it is not my boot drive, but it is the one that I installed Mailwasher to. I can recover the files but I need to know the file names of the ones that would have been backed up if I had used the Mailwasher backup option. I have to restore them one at a time. Doh!
If anyone can give me a list of the files I need to copy across to the new installation, I will be for ever grateful! Thank you in advance :bow :thumbsup
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Directories / Files

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:50 am

If you indeed used the MailWasher backup (export) feature, you would have one single file (named by yourself) — the file extension would end with the .mwp format.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:32 pm

The directory to restore if possible is C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust\MailWasher\

That's all your settings etc... and then you just need to re-enter your license.

Failing that, and assuming you are doing files one at a time then the important ones are listed below.

In C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust\MailWasher\
Accounts.xml
Display.xml
Filters.xml
GeneralSettings.xml
RecycleBinSettings.xml
SpamReporting.xml
SpamToolSettings.xml
Startup.xml

And in C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust\MailWasher\cache
MWP.db3
DeskPilot
Rattled Rabbit

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:45 am

Hi rusticdog, that's exactly what I need, thank you.
After extensive internet searches, it seems it is not possible to restore whole directories and their contents - just individual files. I have some software that recovers lost files but It's still a drag. My fault entirely though. Your help is greatly appreciated.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:11 am

In order to insulate one's copy from such problems, it's better to migrate one's User Files... directory from the default system volume (C:\) to the logical partition (D:\ or such.)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
DeskPilot
Rattled Rabbit

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:27 am

Yes, absolutely. My Drive C was the boot drive and all documents, photos, programs etc were redirected / installed on Drive F:/. This was the drive I accidentally formatted. So, I now have an external drive and the data files from this and other programs will be backed up on here. Thank you again Mailwasher is now up and running again. Cheers :thumbsup

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”