Linking Mailwasher to Windows 10 Mail

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
grizzlygrandpa
Rattled Rabbit

Linking Mailwasher to Windows 10 Mail

Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:26 am

I've been using Mailwasher for many years now.
I have closed and uninstalled Mailwasher on my old Win Vista PC and have set it up on a refurbished Dell PC with Windows 10.
I have three British Telecom Email addresses and my new set up of Mailwasher on the Dell picked them up easily from their email addresses and passwords. I now have a pile of Mail in Mailwasher but have so far been unable to get any onto Windows 10 via Mailwasher.

I hadn't seen the info on transferring settings so I've been doing that manually, no problems - - -
UNTIL I try to Wash the mail and go to the Windows Mail to download. The Washer correctly deletes those marked but does not link to the Windows 10 Mailbox.

I have set up the three accounts in Win 10 with the same email addresses and passwords as those that worked with Mailwasher but nothing will appear in the Windows Mail??

Grizz (John)
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Linking Mailwasher to Windows 10 Mail

Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi there

So everything works fine, except Windows Mail doesn't bring in the remaining emails ?
There's a Sync button top right of Windows Mail, it looks like two rotating arrows, if you hit that does Windows Mail bring in the messages ?

You may also need to check the sync settings for the accounts, in Windows Mail right click on the account name, showing in the left >> select Account Settings >> then select 'Options for syncing your content' >> double check the toggle for EMail is switched On.
grizzlygrandpa
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:12 pm

Thank you for your response, it was encouraging..
I'm not familiar with this Win 10 Mail but I've tried the Sync and it now shows a warning triangle.
I keep getting told by the Win 10 Mail program that the passwords for all 3 of my BT email addresses are out of date, but I'm using the same details I'm using in Mailwasher, on the same PC, and they work fine with Mailwasher.
Maybe it's my naming of the accounts that is an incorrect format? I'm baffled.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:16 pm

OK good, so essentially Windows Mail can't logon. Assuming the passwords are correct, it might have the SSL flag set incorrectly.

If you go into Windows Mail >> right click on the account name, showing in the left >> select Account Settings >> then select 'Options for syncing your content' >> click 'Advanced mailbox settings' >> if you scroll down you'll see the SSL setting >> which for BTInternet should be checked.

Also be sure your username is set to your full email address, and though I expect ti set already your mail server is mail.btinternet.com

Thanks
grizzlygrandpa
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:57 pm

Thanks again. I had found the BT (British Telecom) guide for setting up and having clicked my way through that I then expected the mail to work at last - -WRONG
This morning I found the access click to see what was actually set for my POP and using the BT guide it was trying to connect me to Yahoo Mail - Grrrrrrrrr
So, having difficulty with seeing just where and how to access the correct parts of Win 10 Mail - finally got to the detailed settings again and corrected my main account to mail.bitinternet.com and smtp.mail.btinternet.com - bang, I suddenly got 131 emails!
For some reason they still showed in my Mailwasher Account as being in the BT Inbox, so I was wary.

I then tried to correct my other 2 BT email addresses in the same way.... but it doesn't appear to have worked.
Once again I'm stumped.
So - it's off to do the Shopping now and will try again later after a COFFEE.

Mailwasher connects to all 3 of my accounts and I've been washing the spam etc with it - but when I click wash it switches to Mail but doesn't download the mail to Win 10
Grizz/John
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:32 pm

It's a touch of an effort, but have you thought about dumping Windows 10 Mail ? I suggest this given it doesn't have the same depth of features and customisation. Windows 10 Mail comes across as something you would use on a tablet or other such device, but not the best suited for PC

I imagine on Vista you were using Windows Live Mail, so something like ThunderBird https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/ might suit

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”