Restore not working with BT

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
wokuk
Mystified Moa

Restore not working with BT

Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:35 pm

I have recently switched ISP to BT Internet and have discovered that the restore is not working. The log shows 'Unknown error'. I have read the other posts related to restore not working and have checked that all of the account settings for incoming and outgoing mail are correct.
Does anyone know if BT allow restore or has anyone a suggestion of what might be the problem.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: Restore not working with BT

Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:58 am

wokuk wrote:I have recently switched ISP to BT Internet and have discovered that the restore is not working. The log shows 'Unknown error'. I have read the other posts related to restore not working and have checked that all of the account settings for incoming and outgoing mail are correct.
Does anyone know if BT allow restore or has anyone a suggestion of what might be the problem.
You may have to set up a free GMail account to use as a restore service. There is a setting that lets you use that if the primary account fails. Some providers do not permit restore.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
wokuk
Mystified Moa

Re: Restore not working with BT

Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:32 am

This information could be of use to other users of BT (British Telecom) email.

Using the primary BT email address Restore does not work.

Restore DOES work for BT email sub-addresses.

So I have switched to using a sub-address as my main email address.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”