Sorting Filters

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Andrew42
Active Albatross

Sorting Filters

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:47 pm

I am starting to use filters more and have a few questions:
1. Is there a way to sort filters?
2. If the colour coding is optional can you explain the logic behind Wizcrafts coding? I cannot find it on his website.
3. Autodelete: does an email which is autodeleted move to the recycle bin or is it just wiped from the server and gone? I ask this because I want to use autodelete for some filters but would like to confirm that I'm doing the right thing and not over-reacting by checking occasionally.
4. Is theer a way to bulk edit filters: ie pre-select the filters and then change one of the settings for all of them?

Thanks for the help
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Sorting Filters

Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:12 pm

Andrew42 wrote:I am starting to use filters more and have a few questions:
1. Is there a way to sort filters?
Next to the Add Filter button there are the Up/Down arrows, where you can move filters. They process in the order listed and kick out when a match is found.
2. If the colour coding is optional can you explain the logic behind Wizcrafts coding? I cannot find it on his website.
That I'm not sure on.
3. Autodelete: does an email which is autodeleted move to the recycle bin or is it just wiped from the server and gone? I ask this because I want to use autodelete for some filters but would like to confirm that I'm doing the right thing and not over-reacting by checking occasionally.
Yes, they go into the bin as a normally deleted email would.
4. Is theer a way to bulk edit filters: ie pre-select the filters and then change one of the settings for all of them?
Thanks for the help
Not in MailWasher. If you're comfortable with XML then you can edit direct opening the filters.xml file, personally I prefer Notepad++ for such things.
Andrew42
Active Albatross

Re: Sorting Filters

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:06 am

Thanks, I knew about the up and down button but I was looking to sort alphabetically and using up/down is pretty tedious if there are more than just a few filters.
For the rest, noted and thank you again for replying so quickly.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”