MWM v2.0.0.Beta 4, iPhone 4S, Mac OSX 10.9.4

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

MWM v2.0.0.Beta 4, iPhone 4S, Mac OSX 10.9.4

Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:43 am

NOTE: Please take note of my computer config (in my sig below) as I'm NOT running on a PC.

Have been trying to install the most recent version of the MWM Beta (v2.0.0.Beta 4) on my iPhone 4S but w/ No Joy!
  • Have d'loaded the app from Nick's thread 4 different times;
  • Have Installed/Synced and Uninstalled/Re-installed/Synced the App at least 6 different times;
  • I have yet to get a usable version of MWM on my iPhone. They always end up with a dimmed out icon and when I tap the icon it gives me the proverbial "Waiting ..." message you see if you Google it.
I have also noticed the following anomalies/inconsistencies in the MWM Icon (other than just an app that won't open):

From the <Apps/All> Tab in the Mac version of iTunes (v11.3 (54)):
MacOSXiTunes_Apps-All_MissingMWMIconImageInList.png
MacOSXiTunes_Apps-All_MissingMWMIconImageInList.png (835.66 KiB) Viewed 12482 times
From the <Devices/Apps> Tab in the Mac version of iTunes (same version):
MacOSXiTunes_Devices-Apps_InconsistentMissingMWMIconImageInVariousLists.png
MacOSXiTunes_Devices-Apps_InconsistentMissingMWMIconImageInVariousLists.png (779.02 KiB) Viewed 12482 times
I've been running MailWasherPro under WinXP since v3.1 back in 2003 on a PC and MailWasherPro under WinXP and Win7 on both a PC and a MacBook Pro running Parallels VM since 2009 with nothing more than the usual Beta Tester problems on either config, so the problems I'm seeing are MWM specific as opposed to being Mac related. That said though, this does bring up a few questions as follows:

1) Is there something DIFFERENT about the Mac version of iTunes (compared to the Windows version) that may be causing a problem???

2) The MWM Icon displays just fine on my iPhone itself (with the exception the app's dimmed out and won't open) so the faulty icon behavior seems to be limited to within iTunes but the display is inconsistent as shown by the screen caps. Why?????

3) Could there be something different about installing MWM from iTunes and OSX as opposed to installing it from Windows (any version) and the Windows version of iTunes that hasn't been noticed before?????

4) Are the Icon problems I'm seeing/experiencing and their solution DIRECTLY related to solving the App Opening problem as well, or are they totally separate???

5) There are certainly other questions as well but ...
Stealth is the Best Weapon.
15" MacBook Pro, OS X 10.14.6, 16GB RAM, Parallels install went kaput so no Windows version, Mozilla Thunderbird. All T'bird accnts: POP3. iPhone Mail Accounts IMAP. Unsubscrbd DNSBL.
And I'm: Just Another βeta-Tester.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: MWM v2.0.0.Beta 4, iPhone 4S, Mac OSX 10.9.4

Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:34 am

Can you try this .mobileprovision file instead of the other one I gave you, and see if it helps.

http://cdn.firetrust.com/apps/mailwashe ... eprovision
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:17 pm

nick.bolton wrote:Can you try this .mobileprovision file instead of the other one I gave you, and see if it helps.

Sorry for the slow response Nick. Been sans computer for the last week and am just now getting anywhere close to "back to normal" but will still be a couple days before the dust settles.

Will wait until it's settled until I try it but will get back to you ASA I can. Thanks! :bow :thumbsup

Also, check out the thread I'm getting ready to post in the Beta Forum about something I just ran across with MWP. :facepalm :scratch
15" MacBook Pro, OS X 10.14.6, 16GB RAM, Parallels install went kaput so no Windows version, Mozilla Thunderbird. All T'bird accnts: POP3. iPhone Mail Accounts IMAP. Unsubscrbd DNSBL.
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:39 am

nick.bolton wrote:Can you try this .mobileprovision file instead of the other one I gave you, and see if it helps.

Hi Nick,

OK, I installed the new .mobileprovision file and still No Joy! :no :cry

Just about the only things that have changed are as follows:
  • After 20 minutes, the Device/<device name>/Apps/Apps scroll list (see SC) still shows "Installing" as the status of MWM;
  • One thing has gotten consistent (at least) ... All MWM icons (on the computer) are now just placeholders as opposed to a mix of placeholders and actual icons. I guess that's a "good thing". :scratch :mrgreen: and
  • The MWM Icon (on my iPhone) is still an apparently proper icon with the exception it's still grayed out.
MWMInstallationProblems.png
MWMInstallationProblems.png (111.5 KiB) Viewed 12434 times
A bit more on indications ...

After another 20 minutes, it STILL said "Installing". I switched over to the Apps/Updates pane and back to the Device/<device name>/Apps/Apps scroll list but it STILL said "Installing so I shut down and reopened iTunes. Not until then did the Device/<device name>/Apps/Apps scroll list say "Remove" as it should after a successful installation. But of course we are in doubt of the "success" achieved. :scratch :scratch :help And FTR, the Icon (on my iPhone) was grayed out both before and after I shut iTunes down, so doing that didn't change anything about MWM (or at least theoretically anyway). :crazy

JFTR, you HAVE submitted my UDID to Apple. Right????? If not, could that lack of submission be the whole problem???

So the bottom line seems to be ... You're making progress :bow :joy but still "No Cigar!". :no :cry
Last edited by QuietOne on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:00 am

Ok, we've got another new user with the same issue, so we're figuring it out - Apple changes stuff, so it's something we've done or not done...working on it.
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:31 am

nick.bolton wrote:Ok, we've got another new user with the same issue, so we're figuring it out - Apple changes stuff, so it's something we've done or not done...working on it.
Don't know if this will help you all figure out what changed but ...

Lately I've been noticing that every time I sync my iPhone, iTunes re-copies MWM to my iPhone (but I never deleted it to start with) when it updates whatever apps have changed. I don't remember this ever happening previously so whether or not this behavior has anything to do with the current problem or not is your call but just thought it might help.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:15 pm

Ok I think we know what is going on, we'll have to make a new build and get it to you
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:25 pm

nick.bolton wrote:Ok I think we know what is going on, we'll have to make a new build and get it to you
Fair enough. I'm subscribed to the Beta thread so I should be notified when you post it. :thumbsup
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:56 am

nick.bolton wrote:Ok I think we know what is going on, we'll have to make a new build and get it to you
Any news yet on the "new build"???? I haven't seen anything yet and it's been over a month since you posted this. :scratch :scratch
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:54 am

We're busy trying to finish up another app, but we should have a new version out this week on new servers. We found a tool which will let us deploy IOS apps much easier https://www.testflightapp.com/ so we'll do that and these kinds of problems will be in the past.
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:39 am

Thanks Nick. I'll be looking for it. :thumbsup
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:23 pm

Ok, we added your UDID to the latest beta build in the 'Announcements' so give it a try along with the new MW Pro version.
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:15 am

nick.bolton wrote:Ok, we added your UDID to the latest beta build in the 'Announcements' so give it a try along with the new MW Pro version.
Won't work. :nono :no

My iPhone4S has been giving me fits (ever since iOS8.0 was released) and Apple sent me a DIFFERENT iPhone4S, but NOT my new iPhone 6 Plus (which means I have a different UDID now). :roll:

And to confuse things even further, once my new iPhone 6 Plus gets here (sometime in November according to the current schedule), I'll have yet a different UDID all over again. :facepalm

==========================

All the above said, I WILL d'load any/all new releases of MWM AND MWP :thumbsup :thumbsup so keep my current UDID as a placeholder and I'll forward you my iPhone 6 Plus UDID ASA I get it. And sorry for all the confusion. :thumbsup :roll: :devil
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:43 am

Oh ok :)

Let us know how you go.

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”