MW mobile keeping emails

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
gergster66
Rattled Rabbit

MW mobile keeping emails

Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:33 am

MW Mobile on 2 ios devices: iPhone 6 and ipad3. MWPro 7.5 on laptop.
Problem is as follows: MWPro see, cleans all emails just fine, but MWM on both my ios devices is hanging on to emails dating back to march 23.
BUT, only on 2 accounts.
All accounts are IMAP: 2 @cox.net, 1@yahoo.com, 1@gmail.com, 1@bellsouth.net
the 2 that are "sticking" are @bellsouth.net and ONE of the @cox.net

The emails that are hanging on in MWM are seen in Outlook 2013 imap folders, but won't go away on MWM. If I delete them in MWM then they disappear in Outlook and from the IMAP account servers.
MWPro doesn't pick them up, just on the 2 MWM devices.

I have deleted and reinstalled MWM on both machines, deleted all email accounts on MWPro, then resynchronized, but the same emails, the same email accounts on both copies of MWM are displaying this problem.

What do I need to do to have ALL my Mailwasher programs display the correct emails? I cant have the mobile apps keeping emails, as my MWM inbox keeps getting bigger daily. And I can't delete them from MWM, as they actually get deleted from the IMAP servers, and I need these emails.
Thanks for any suggestions
Greg
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: MW mobile keeping emails

Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:39 am

It's odd that it's happening only to two of your imap accounts. Essentially I think it's because MWM is showing all the emails, even the 'read' emails, where as MWP shows only the unread emails. We'll need to add this change in to a future version of MWM.
gergster66
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:27 pm

what's truly odd is that it worked flawlessly when they were all POP3 accounts. I switched over to IMAP just 3 weeks ago.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:39 pm

POP3 removes emails from the server once you've downloaded them to your PC where as IMAP always leaves email on the server, but we can distinguish between read and unread email (just not with MWM yet)
gergster
Mystified Moa

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:48 am

Why does it keep emails from only 2 accounts? The other @cox.net account (I have 2 separate email accounts with cox), that one is just fine, in MWM and MWP. the @bellsouth is a mystery as well, as it uses the yahoo! SMTP and IMAP servers. And my @yahoo.com account works just fine. The gmail, @me, @icloud all work fine. The exact emails appear to be hanging on the iPad and the iPhone. I can't delete them because they actually get deleted from the servers. Desktop is fine, so what settings am I missing on those accounts?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:40 am

We're really not sure, it's very odd. Can you try deleting those 2 email accounts in MWM and then add them back in?
gergster
Mystified Moa

Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:04 pm

i deleted all the email accounts on the MWM app, deleted the app, reinstalled the app, synchronized again, and the same emails keep appearing. I deleted the email accounts from MWM, manually put in one that was holding the emails, and the same emails instantly appeared. I have checked my outlook IMAP settings and they match my IMAP settings on the iPhone and in Mailwasher.
Settings are as follows:
domain incoming port encryption outgoing port encryption
@cox.net imap.cox.net 993 ssl smtp.cox.net 465 ssl
@bellsouth.net imap.mail.yahoo.com 993 ssl smtp.mail.yahoo.com 465 ssl
@yahoo.com " " " " " "
@gmail.com imap.gmail.com 993 ssl smtp.gmail.com 465 ssl

ALL accounts are setup this way on all my devices. Is there a setting I should be looking for on the webmail site itself? or in outlook? If so, why would MWpro work and not MWMobile?

Thanks again for all your help. Again, it worked flawlessly when I was using POP for all my email accounts, but this hiccup started when I switched settings to IMAP about a month ago.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:10 am

We're really not sure why this is. If you delete an email in MWP, is it still showing in MWM for these 2 accounts?
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:44 am

Are you sure it is not the server side settings for your account(s).
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
gergster
Mystified Moa

Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:40 pm

yes, the bellsouth account stays on MWM after I delete it from MWPro and re-sync
Not sure why the server side settings would make a difference. MWPro works perfectly. MWM has the issue. Doesn't MWM get it's settings from MWPro?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:51 pm

Ok, then the problem might be that MWM is not syncing properly for those two accounts - can't see why it would only be those 2 though, especially since they're working ok with the same provider for another email account and you deleted them and re-added them too.
The server settings will be the same, so it's not them, although can you check on your side for any IMAP related settings for these 2 accounts compared to your other proper working accounts.
gergster
Mystified Moa

Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:02 pm

I checked Outlook's settings, and they match MWPro exactly. What should I be looking for on the server side?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:09 pm

I meant if you login to your bellsouth and cox ISP websites and see if there are any settings there related to IMAP.
gergster
Mystified Moa

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:18 am

ALL my accounts are keeping emails in MWM. I assumed that Yahoo and Gmail were okay, as I don't often use them or get much email. As a test, I sent emails from to all my accounts, and they all are staying in the mobile app, even after I view them on Outlook and/or MWMobile. What are we missing? Nick, I'll give you whatever info you need to help me troubleshoot this, as my inbox is getting bigger and bigger on the MWMobile side.
To recap:
2 ios devices (iPad 3rd gen, ios 8, iPhone 6, IOS 8) running MWM.
HP laptop running MWPro 7.5, outlook 2013, Windows 8.1. ALL email accounts (@bellsouth.net, @cox.net (2 of those), @gmail.com, and @yahoo.com) all setup for IMAP.
MWPro on laptop works flawlwssly with all my IMAP accounts. Sees mail, washes mail, and when I view mail in Outlook, mail disappears from MWPro.

MWM on BOTH iOS devices id keeping all mail in the queue, even AFTER viewed in Outlook. It's as if the MWM side is not acknowledging the fact that the mail has been viewed. My iPhone & iPad email accounts are setup identical to the accounts in Outlook.

I'm stumped.

Thanks again for your help.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:01 am

Would you be happy to let me access one of your accounts which is not used often? Then I can send some test emails and delete them to see if I can replicate the issue. Private message me with the details if you're able.

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”