Failure to Communicate

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
1AlexH
Mystified Moa
Location: Just west of The Big Apple - cross the Hudson River and turn right.

Failure to Communicate

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:06 am

I have tried, a few times, to sync with my smart phone (Android); I got an 'error connecting to cloud' message each time. I do understand this is a beta, and am only posting this here to advise of the problem/issue/feature. One question: does the smart phone need to be connected by USB to my PC, when trying to Sync? I have a WiFi in the building, which services both the networked PCs and the un-tethered devices, a laptop, an iPad, and the Android phones.

MW PC-based version is 2012 1.20.3 - the beta.

System is Windows 8 Pro, on an Intel dual processor with only 2GB RAM, and an available 240 GB of HD space. The smart phone is a Verizon-based Samsung Stratosphere, which is usually pretty good, and MW works just fine on it so far. It did take a number of attempts to install it but once installed, it is flawless. I have only used it for the Verizon based email, but I have accounts from other providers, which I will add later.

Cheers!
-a.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Failure to Communicate

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:20 am

In MailWasher Pro, can you go to Help>>User Files. A Windows will open. Close Mailwasher (File>>Exit) and then delete the cloud.dat file in the open window. Start MailWasher again, and then try and sync again. You'll need to re-enter the credentials.

Syncing is via the cloud so you don't need to physically connect the device to your pc.
1AlexH
Mystified Moa

Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:44 am

Hi Nick.

Thanks for that. I'm not sure what you mean by re-enter the creds. On my Android? That's painful :-) to do, even with a slide-out real qwerty keyboard.

-a.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:45 am

Sorry, I meant to re-enter the MailWasher ID (username and password) to sync all your accounts from MW Pro to the mobile version. The Mailwasher ID is what you setup first to sync everything.
thayden
Student Sheep

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:23 am

Nick,

I reported the same problem back in the beginning of December. I followed instructions & deleted the cloud.dat file & even restarted.
When I enter my credentials correctly in MWP I get the message "syncing accounts" then "syncing {account name}", & finally "error connecting to cloud server".

I've deleted cloud.dat & repeated the process at least a dozen times. I have 5 accounts all POP & this error occurs with all 5. I never synced in a previous MWP version.

Tom Hayden
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:12 pm

Hi Tom

Can you go to Mailwasher>>Help>>User Files, then go to the 'Logs' Directory, and send me the logs from the day this happened to nick.bolton@firetrust.com

Thanks
1AlexH
Mystified Moa

Ten is a Good Number!

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:25 am

Good Day, Firetrust folks!

A couple of months back, I started hearing the HD "Click of Death" and bought a brandy new powerhouse HP PC! I love it: 12GB RAM, 1 TB HD Storage, an I5 Dual/quad CPU - whatever Intel calls it - and more good stuff. So of course, I had to recreate my optimal load on a new machine, even knowing that HP and Microsoft were offering a free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro when it was ready for release.

For months I had been using Windows 8.1 Pro and now am using Windows 10 Pro. After reconfiguring my system, and finally locating my Office 2010 Professional DVD, I wanted to report to you about how it's all going.

First, Office 365 - I had it by subscription - is good, but not great. It doesn't compare to 2010 Pro; not by a long shot - especially Outlook - so I cancelled my monthly subscription and installed 2010 Pro and am happy once again (cheap date!).

Mailwasher is working just dandy! It accepted the fact that my MSN email account is now being 'managed' - for want of a better term - by Microsoft's "Live.com/Outlook.com" mail system. And it allows for perfect synch with my Windows 8.1 Nokia Lumia phone.

You folks still provide the all-around best coverage against unwanted types of email, and the fact that you have created a system which allows us End Users to train it to learn even more about how to protect us from garbage and canned ham email is simply one more point for your team.

Nobody comes close to providing the protection and flexibility in email management than Firetrust, through Mailwasher.

And for that I am very grateful. And, no longer any failure to communicate!

Thanks for all, folks.

AlexH
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:28 am

Thanks AlexH for the kind sentiments, they are appreciated and we're glad you're continuing to find Mailwasher really useful!

Cheers

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”