Trouble getting email

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
garfld
Travelling Tuatara

Trouble getting email

Thu May 14, 2015 3:47 pm

I am using MW Mobile on my iphone 5C, or trying to, anyway. When I first open it, it shows old emails from the last session. Then, when it says it is syncing, it comes back with maybe 20 emails. I tediously check each one (lots of spam) and wash. Then I sync again ... I get 20 more ... lather and repeat. Is 20 the limit Mobile can collect at one time?

Also, I have to pull down the window repeatedly to get to view the additional emails.

Are these typical issues? Are you working on this, Firetrust?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Trouble getting email

Thu May 14, 2015 4:59 pm

At the moment, we've got a limit of 25 emails, but we'll extend this soon.
garfld
Travelling Tuatara

Fri May 15, 2015 1:40 am

Ok. But about the fact that I have to pull down the screen about 5 times before the next batch of 25 emails shows up? :D
mrbeanpa
Student Sheep

Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:44 am

I think I have a similar problem. I have MWM v2 installed on 3 separate Android devices. 2 devices login on one account the other on a different account. In all cases they are set to notify when new mail arrives (Notifications is ticked). All mail accounts (4 in total) are setup as pop3 and mail is not left on the server.

On all three installation I have to manually refresh at least twice, sometimes 4 or 5 times to get the latest e-mail showing. I rarely get a notification to indicate new e-mail.

Worst part is one of the accounts is my wife's and I'm constantly being told "this is rubbish". It's taken me ages to get her to use it so if it can be sorted it would be very much appreciated and I can go back to my quiet life :-)

Thanks!
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:17 am

Hi, it's because when you pull down the first time, it's telling MWM to go off to the server to get new email (if there's none has been downloaded yet), this can take a few seconds, then once it has the new email you need to pull down to get the new email on your device. I think we just need better indicators that it's in the process of getting the email. I'm sure your ISP has IMAP settings too - so I'd suggest switching over to that.
metar28
Mystified Moa

Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:19 am

I am not receiving any notifications on my iPhone 5. If fact, the only way I even know if there is new mail is if I perform a manual sync or happen to see it my iPhone email client. The main reason I chose this program is so I would get notified of new mail, check it for spam, then wash it before it ever reaches my iPhone mail client. The company email account we are having trouble with (spam wise) is set up in my iPhone mail client but I have turned Push and Fetch off and only use Manual for that account. However, I have another account (Hotmail) for my personal use so when I open the iPhone mail client to check that mail, often I will see a few messages in our company account . (This is because the iPhone manually fetches mail from the company email server every time I open the mail client app.) So, then when I see there are messages there, I open the MWM and do a manual sync and sure enough, the spam pops up. So, why isn't WMW checking for email on it's own? And why am I not receiving any type of notification that new mail exists? (I have set up every possible notification I can.) Any advice would be appreciated.
metar28
Mystified Moa

Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:44 am

Now I am really confused. So the notifications started appearing on my iPhone lock screen indicating I have new mail. I "slide to view", the MWM app opens, the circle spins for a few seconds and then I get the message "No New Emails." But wait, I just got a notification indicating I have new mail. When I try to manually sync by pulling the screen down, the circle spins and I get the same "no new mail" message. What's going on? This app seems very buggy yet. Great concept, though.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:45 am

Did you change your phone recently? I think the notifications may be the result of them being tied to an old phone.
metar28
Mystified Moa

Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:51 am

nick.bolton wrote:Did you change your phone recently? I think the notifications may be the result of them being tied to an old phone.
No. I've had this phone for almost 2 years and just downloaded the MWM app a couple of days ago. Turned on the notifications for it today.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:43 am

I think you're seeing different timings of new email in MWM and your email program. Since MW Mobile is hosted it won't check mail as often as your company email, and perhaps not as often as Hotmail. It checks every 3 minutes if you're using it, but only every 15 minutes otherwise, although it will increase this if you use it more often. So sometimes you'll see email in your email program, but MW Mobile won't have checked the account yet.

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”