Is there a future for MailWasher Mobile

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Is there a future for MailWasher Mobile

Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:59 am

What are the plans for MailWasher Mobile?

There does not seem to be a lot going on in the development or support of this app?

I have been using this app heavily since the early betas but need to know if I should start looking elsewhere for my mobile spam solutions.
Annie.......... PC details
Mailwasher Pro βeta [v 7.12.39]
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Is there a future for MailWasher Mobile

Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:35 am

We do have a list of bugs to fix and improvements to make, frustratingly we're still finishing up some other projects. Also wondering if we should continue to support Windows Phone as it's still not that popular and takes a lot of work to maintain compared to the others.
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:08 am

I'm no longer that worried about Windows Phone support as my main device to use MailWasher Mobile on is  iOS on my  iPad Pro. Windows Phone is good but if I could time travel I'd go for an  iPhone.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:13 am

We ended up spending a lot of time on the Windows Phone version due to the different way MS does things, and it still performs poorly compared to the others, so we had to limit the others (eg number of emails displayed) because Windows Phone couldn't handle it and since it's a web app, they're all using the same thing.
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:20 am

Well then I think you know what to do, you could revisit at a later date using the Microsoft migration stuff they have for universal apps and  iOS, WP seems to be slipping in users and Windows 10 is not going to save it, in my opinion.

I am a fan of Windows with many PCs and an XBox One but their OS is not enough to take me away from  iOS as my daily computing OS.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:26 am

Yes, I think I agree!

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”