BBC iplayer no longer available

John G.
It begins with a single step

BBC iplayer no longer available

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:19 pm

BBC iplayer has stopped working again. Now (and as of a couple of weeks ago) Running a video or TV now always gets the "not in UK message" etc. etc. (and with no provision to input "yes, I have a TV licence, as per a previous post suggested solution)All the previous fixes/suggestions don't work (i.e. both iplayer and browser - Mozilla - redirected thru London server, website rule "bbc.co.uk" and "bbc.com" redirected thru London. Everywhere else, including Google thinks I'm in the U,K, but BBC iplayer now does not. I'm still using Hideaway 1.4 with Windows 10 (and I solved the Win10 Anniversary update issues and all was going well until...... ?????)
Any solutions... ?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: BBC iplayer no longer available

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:06 pm

Yeah BBC has been giving us some grief lately. It's working in the beta version of HideAway mentioned here http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.ph ... 00#p109600

Though this version is still a work in progress, so (currently) you just set which browser to redirect to which country and hit Redirect. You can have them both installed at the same time, just try to avoid having both redirecting at the same...
Ladas
It begins with a single step

Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:43 am

I tried the Beta version - and yes it does allow for connection to BBC iPlayer - the downloads are soooooooooo slow at around 30 kb/s
Paraf
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:00 am

FYI - I also have had problems with iplayer. Rules in Hideaway not working & with Beta it only works with the whole computer been redirected. As speed is great its an ok workaround for short periods.
BBC must be storing something somewhere - if you can figure it out we could clean it.
If you need us to try different things let us know.
Cheers
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:36 pm

Paraf wrote:FYI - I also have had problems with iplayer. Rules in Hideaway not working & with Beta it only works with the whole computer been redirected. As speed is great its an ok workaround for short periods.
BBC must be storing something somewhere - if you can figure it out we could clean it.
If you need us to try different things let us know.
Cheers
So the beta doesn't work if you only redirect the browser, and you must choose the whole computer to redirect ?
Which browser also do you use ?
Paraf
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:31 am

Have tried it with Chrome & Firefox with same result - This only with iplayer.
Paraf
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:15 am

@rusticdog - after a comprehensive cleanup with ccleaner & co its all working normally again. :D :D :D
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:36 am

That's great, thanks for letting me know. I didn't expect CCleaner to have had an effect, so very happy you thought to do it :)

Return to “HideAway”