Servers down in December

frankst237
Student Sheep

Servers down in December

Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:22 pm

Hi Nick and the team,

There have been several times during December that either the UK servers or some of the USA servers (notably Dallas TX recently and currently) have been down and traffic does not flow. These sometimes get resolved quickly and other times not. I generally only use UK and USA so my internet use is not bothered by others being down.

When the servers go down (or are indicated down on a users installation) do you (your support / technical team) get notified in any way or do you rely on the user community posting problems on the forum or emailing support to tell you?

Once you find a server is down, what sort of response time do you normally expect to be able to provide to get the server back and is this 24 / 7 support (including the holiday season that is now behind us for another year)?

When it works it works well but when it goes down it is difficult for the user community - it is like a car breaking down, this only happens when you want to use it!!

Also, I seem to remember reading that the new Hideaway version (2) does not rely on servers abroad as much (if at all). Can you confirm or explain this area of the new Hideaway and give us users a clue when we might see it?

Thanks, Frank
frankst237
Student Sheep

Re: Servers down in December

Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:42 pm

Nick and Team,

No-one has posted a reply to this yet so I am may be on shaky ground BUT as of now (05:30 UK time on Tuesday 17th Jan) my Hideaway is basically down because the UK server(s) are down. This happened first last evening (Monday 16th) so I assume they have never been back up - although I cannot check because I didn't stay awake all night checking!

In that respect, does anyone at Firetrust know of the problem - do you have a Service Status page where you log current issues and their likely resolution time (just as a notepad perhaps) so your users can be aware of what is happening?

If you did NOT know the UK servers are down the question from my earlier post remains the same - how do you find out?

Any updates appreciated.

Frank
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Servers down in December

Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi Frank

Check out this link for more details, essentially HideAway1 has stopped entirely and we're not even sure why. So instead of spending time on that we're going to focus on HideAway2

http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.ph ... 04#p110798

Return to “HideAway”