Hideaway notification when not working.

fortuner
Travelling Tuatara

Hideaway notification when not working.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:10 am

Is it possible that we could have a notification from Hideaway that it isn't working? Yet again mine isn't working and I usually find out later on when I want access to a website that blocks me. Meanwhile, my privacy has been none existent up until that time! This is rather annoying as this is the whole point of using this product! :mad:
There is nothing that lasts for ever...
fortuner
Travelling Tuatara

Re: Hideaway notification when not working.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:29 am

And despite uninstalling, restarting, reinstalliing and restarting, it STILL isn't working so I now use a paid for product that is useless to me! :evil:
johnf5vku
Mystified Moa

Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:12 am

Suggest you try HideAway 2.0 (Actually 2.03) I have it running, and there seem to be relatively few differences - it is faster, and you have to remember to trun-on redirection, but after that it plain sailing.

John
johnf5vku
Mystified Moa

Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:16 am

This morning I tried HideAway 2.0, and it works just fine for me - you must select what you want redirected, and turn it on.

It works fine here, and I believe will soon become the released version.

John
fortuner
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:47 pm

Ok, but there's no link to Hideaway 2 anywhere on the Firetrust website! In fact there's no links to download ANY Hideaway anywhere! :!: :shock:

Ultimately, although it's nice to have Hideaway working silently in the background, there really should be some sort of sign or visible notification to let users know that it's not working, like an icon flashing red or something. One shouldn't have to go into it to find out weeks/months afterwards that it hasn't been working! Privacy is at stake here!
johnf5vku
Mystified Moa

Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:28 pm

There is a link to HideAway on the web site - even a google search brings up a link - with comment that 2.03 is like 1.40x on steroids.

Working just fine here - not too sure about BBC iPlayer web site threading however - but that is a bBC problem.

john
johnf5vku
Mystified Moa

Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:37 pm

When you search for HideAway on Goggle, make sure that you search for "FireTrust HideAway" - otherwise you get a link to a howling female.
(not sexist but did not like the howl!!)
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Here's the link for HA2 http://www.hideawayvpn.com/download-beta

HideAway 1 has stopped working, and we're not even sure why. At this point we are going to shut it down, and just focus on getting version 2 completed. If anyone needs a refund for HideAway 1 just email us at support@firetrust.com
fortuner
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:16 am

johnf5vku wrote:When you search for HideAway on Goggle, make sure that you search for "FireTrust HideAway" - otherwise you get a link to a howling female.
lol I got links to Kiesza!
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:19 am

johnf5vku wrote:When you search for HideAway on Goggle, make sure that you search for "FireTrust HideAway" - otherwise you get a link to a howling female.
:lol: :thumbsup
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
fortuner
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:13 am

rusticdog wrote:Here's the link for HA2 http://www.hideawayvpn.com/download-beta

HideAway 1 has stopped working, and we're not even sure why. At this point we are going to shut it down, and just focus on getting version 2 completed. If anyone needs a refund for HideAway 1 just email us at support@firetrust.com
I've removed Hideaway 1 and installed Hideaway 2, but I don't get it. There's no option to log in and only limited options and they don't appear to work either! :shock: Chrome still tells me my IP address!

And as per subject, why is it not possible to have an indication that Hideaway isn't working? So that we would know that our privacy is no more and then be able to do something about it instead of when we find out later when access to a website is blocked.
NaNo
Mystified Moa

Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:39 am

"Private Internet Access" doesn't have Rules - it's either connected or disconnected.
If it's connected then there is a green icon in the notification area.
If it's disconnected then the icon turns red.
Basic, but it works.
fortuner
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:23 pm

NaNo wrote:"Private Internet Access" doesn't have Rules - it's either connected or disconnected.
If it's connected then there is a green icon in the notification area.
If it's disconnected then the icon turns red.
Basic, but it works.
Yes, that's the one I've been looking at. Very basic, in comparison. We'll see how it goes.
NaNo
Mystified Moa

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:11 am

I use HideAway in Windows but I have to use PIA in Linux because there isn't a Linux version of HideAway.
PIA is good, but I much prefer the 'usability' of HideAway.
fortuner
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:52 am

NaNo wrote:I use HideAway in Windows but I have to use PIA in Linux because there isn't a Linux version of HideAway.
PIA is good, but I much prefer the 'usability' of HideAway.
I've just started using PIA. It seems simple and straight forward, no rules as such, absolutely everything going through the same country and hence the cheaper price, but also the ability to use the same account on up to 5 different devices. But disappointed to see that there's no IPv6 support. I was looking forward to Hideaway 2 which I understood was going to have IPv6 supported. Not a major problem but I like to look ahead, especially as my ISP already supports the use of IPv6. Though as Hideaway 1 didn't support it, I've had it disabled in my modem ever since and clearly have to continue to do so.
I may well go back to using Hideaway at some point in the future as I like the total flexibility that Hideaway has, with the individual rules, but again, disappointed to see that one can't see any easy obvious instant indication of Hideaway not working until the moment you go to a website and you're blocked because you're not in that country! Meanwhile, up to that point, days weeks later, ones privacy has been compromised. I just need a properly fully functioning VPN now so PIA will have to do and I will wait and see how things go.

Good luck to the team at Firetrust with Hideaway 2. :)

Return to “HideAway”