Mailwasher retreiving all of my old mail!

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Kalki
Rattled Rabbit

Mailwasher retreiving all of my old mail!

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:39 pm

Dear Team,

In setting up Mailwasher I ignorantly chose this option: Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been downloaded)

Instead of this: Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.

I have gone back into Gmail settings and changed the setting to: Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.

To no avail, Mailwasher seems to want to dredge up all my old emails regardless.

How can I stop this?

Many thanks,

Kalki
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher retreiving all of my old mail!

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:45 pm

Try restarting MailWasher if you haven't already.

It may too take some time for the GMail change to take effect, although I seem to recall it being very quick for me in the past. Double check the setting change also saved properly https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/fwdandpop as the Save Changes button isn't very noticeable at the bottom of the page.

Other options would be to use Recent Mode, which is a GMail feature. If you change your username in MailWasher under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> to be recent:xxxxxxxx@gmail.com >> Save. That will retrieve the last 30 days of GMail emails, not the full amount.

You could also change MailWasher to use IMAP instead of POP (that option is in the same location as above), by default using IMAP MailWasher will only load Unread emails in your GMail Inbox.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:33 pm

Just in case you have your MailWasher configured as IMAP instead of POP3 you might want to disable the Download read e-mails feature.

Kalki wrote:I have gone back into Gmail settings and changed the setting to: Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.

To no avail, Mailwasher seems to want to dredge up all my old emails regardless.

How can I stop this?

Many thanks,

Kalki
That's unusual. :scratch
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Kalki
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:51 pm

Dear rusticdog,

I did as you suggested and went imap instead of pop3, rebooted and presto!

Looking good at the moment. You really are a fabulous fellow, thanks for your help. And so quick!

I am grateful. Thanks also to TrustFire!

Warm regards,

Kalki

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”