Error messages Training archive - junk.rot135

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Dataryder
Rattled Rabbit

Error messages Training archive - junk.rot135

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:02 am

Hi all,

Hope you can help me with this.

I'm using MailWasher Free 6.5.4 with Windows 7 64-bit. I keep getting the following messages;

Here are two screenshots of the problem:

I would be very grateful for any assistance.

Thanks,
Dataryder
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Error messages Training archive - junk.rot135

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:15 am

Did you try to run MWP after a complete reboot of your system?
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Dataryder
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:19 am

TrustFire wrote:Did you try to run MWP after a complete reboot of your system?
Thanks for your quick reply;
Yes I have. MailWasher will work for a while when I do a reboot - but the error message will come back eventually.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:51 am

Sorry, can't see the images you linked to, if you upload them to the forums they will be visible without having to go to an external site.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
Dataryder
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:55 am

stan_qaz wrote:Sorry, can't see the images you linked to, if you upload them to the forums they will be visible without having to go to an external site.
Thanks for your reply.
Here are the upload screenshots
Attachments
Error.jpg
Error.jpg (10.51 KiB) Viewed 10795 times
Warning.jpg
Warning.jpg (24.49 KiB) Viewed 10795 times
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:39 am

I'd try this first to see if it helps: http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.ph ... 835#p53448
Ah ha....I see the Jinxit your issue is fixed by removing the option to minimise MailWasher at startup
There are other more drastic solutions, removing the training folder, uninstall/reinstall of MW and a complete wipe of MW's data.

I used this search to find these: http://forum.firetrust.com/search.php?k ... mit=Search
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:01 pm

Dataryder wrote:
TrustFire wrote:Did you try to run MWP after a complete reboot of your system?
Thanks for your quick reply;
Yes I have. MailWasher will work for a while when I do a reboot - but the error message will come back eventually.
Next time when you receive that error, why don't you just unlock the affected file - namely junk.rot135.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:56 pm

TrustFire wrote:Next time when you receive that error, why don't you just unlock the affected file - namely junk.rot135.
How would one do that? I don't use Windows except to run MW so I don't have a clue.

Is there a way to see what is locking the file, fixing that might be a way to solve the MW issue?
--
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:15 pm

stan_qaz wrote:
TrustFire wrote:Next time when you receive that error, why don't you just unlock the affected file - namely junk.rot135.
How would one do that? I don't use Windows except to run MW so I don't have a clue.

Is there a way to see what is locking the file, fixing that might be a way to solve the MW issue?
This issue is seen on Windows (quite frequently on Windows 7) - not only for junk.rot135, but many other files.

There's an indispensable tool to overcome this issue which saves a lot of time otherwise wasted in restarting the machine that every Windows User must have. It's a tiny utility that manifests itself into the context menu and consumes absolutely nil system resources.
Unlocker.png
One of the most useful context menu entry
Unlocker.png (14.09 KiB) Viewed 10788 times
vidterry
It begins with a single step

Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:08 am

OK...

Suddenly having exactly the same problem as other posters. After eliminating all of the standard problem resolution suggestions, I of course tried to re-boot. Did nothing to resolve issue. I uninstalled the software, rebooted again, then re-installed a fresh copy. Exactly the same problem appeared again. I have no idea at all what the training archive even is, or what junk.rot135 is. The 'cryptic error message H833' is certainly well-named.

Since this problem is happening to various users...at least some of them, like myself, Mailwasher users from the beginning...it is NOT a computer issue. The problem is in the 6.5.4 version of Mailwasher. Causes difficulties which cannot seem to be resolved on site.

Correctly functioning program is quite nice to use; malfunctioning one causes more headaches than its 'protection' provides.

Sad.

Terry in Iowa - USA
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:06 pm

Doubt it will ever be fixed as MW v6 is out of development and all work is being done on the 201X version.

The files can be found by clicking on help and then on the about menus, click the link that appears, close MW and delete the problem files.
--
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:38 pm

vidterry wrote:I of course tried to re-boot. Did nothing to resolve issue.
The reboot does not work - this has already been reported by the OP.

vidterry wrote: I have no idea at all what the training archive even is, or what junk.rot135 is.
The archive where the data (used by MWP for it's learning) is stored is known as 'Training archive.' JFTR, the path to the 'junk.rot135' is displayed on the second figure of the first post.

vidterry wrote: Since this problem is happening to various users...at least some of them, like myself, Mailwasher users from the beginning...it is NOT a computer issue.
This problem is not a common one and has been reported by just 2 users - did you try the solution I posted right above your first post on this thread? ;)
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:31 am

TrustFire wrote:This problem is not a common one and has been reported by just 2 users - did you try the solution I posted right above your first post on this thread? ;)
I'm not sure that's correct as a search shows.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that there's a solution.
Windows 10
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:53 am

ataraxy wrote:
TrustFire wrote:This problem is not a common one and has been reported by just 2 users - did you try the solution I posted right above your first post on this thread? ;)
I'm not sure that's correct as a search shows.
Sorry about that - was sincerely under the impression that just these 2 (in this particular thread) were the affected ones.

ataraxy wrote:Unfortunately, I'm not sure that there's a solution.
I'm sure the suggestion I made would bring relief, surely until . . . . . . . . . . . . reboot - doesn't look as though people are interested to try it out. :|

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”