MW keeps downloading messages I've already cleared

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
wiscoy
Rattled Rabbit

MW keeps downloading messages I've already cleared

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:12 am

Hi peeps... I actually am running into two separate problems that I hope someone here can help with.

The first is MW6.3 keeps downloading messages that I've already cleared. It doesn't appear to be processing the mail that I have already downloaded into my mail program.
Which brings me to the 2nd problem, (maybe related?) MW cannot find my default email program (Windows Live)

Can someone please tell me how to adjust this?

thanks much!!

-Jill
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: MW keeps downloading messages I've already cleared

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:37 am

wiscoy wrote:Hi peeps...MW cannot find my default email program (Windows Live)

Can someone please tell me how to adjust this?

thanks much!!

-Jill
Hello Peep!!!

You could try to re-map your 'Windows Live Mail' path from within MWP through the following:--
  • 'Settings' >>----> 'General Options' >>----> (tick/enable) Launch email application after processing >>----> 'Specify' >>----> 'Use a preconfigured mail client' >>----> (from the dropdown menu,) 'Windows Live Mail' >>----> 'OK'
(If for some strange reasons 'Windows Live Mail' is not present in the dropdown menu, you may tick/enable) >>----> 'Specify a mail client command' (and then manually enter either one of the following paths - preferably the first one):-
  • Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe

Code: Select all

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Live Mail
Last edited by TrustFire on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: MW keeps downloading messages I've already cleared

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:38 pm

wiscoy wrote:The first is MW6.3 keeps downloading messages that I've already cleared.
What's your interpretation of the statement "I've already cleared" - can you kindly elaborate (with the steps you take to do the clearing; in more detail.) :scratch

Not implying here, that your old 6.3 is the culprit - why don't you install and run the latest 6.5.4, though.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”