Yahoo mail - MW being useless

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
eldee
Mystified Moa

Yahoo mail - MW being useless

Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:27 am

New MW user today using yahoo mail as I've been bombarded with spam.
1. MW does not pick up spam in spam folder. I also added a wildcard spam address for MW to use. MW not detecting any spam. Now what?
2. MW sent an activation link to register for this forum. I waited. Oh it was in my spam folder!
Does this even work for yahoo mail?
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Yahoo mail - MW being useless

Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:34 am

1. Just checking your MailWasher version. You've posted in the section for the really old MailWasher, but as you're a new user, I'm guessing that you've got the new MailWasher that looks like:

MailWasher - 2023_0106 - New version.jpg
MailWasher - 2023_0106 - New version.jpg (7.56 KiB) Viewed 5062 times

If your MailWasher doesn't look like that, you can skip to the last sentence of this post.

2. Seeing the Yahoo! spam folder

Hopefully you've set up your Yahoo! account as an IMAP account. If not, delete the account in MailWasher and set it up to use IMAP.

Once you've done that, go to the MailWasher Settings tab, then Accounts on the left, and then select the Yahoo! account. You should see an IMAP tab, i.e.

MailWasher - 2023_0106 - IMAP folders.jpg
MailWasher - 2023_0106 - IMAP folders.jpg (11.36 KiB) Viewed 5062 times

In the list of folders, select the ones that you want MailWasher to check.

If all your folders aren't listed, click the <Refresh> button to update the list.

When you've selected all the folders that you want, click on the <Save> button.

eldee wrote:I also added a wildcard spam address for MW to use. MW not detecting any spam. Now what?

I don't know what this means. If step 2 hasn't fixed things, and you have the new MailWasher, please post a new question in viewforum.php?f=50 and hopefully someone will be able to help you.

If you have the old MailWasher, you're probably best contacting Firetrust Support at support@firetrust.com since, as you can see, not many people come to this section of the forum these days.
Windows 10
eldee
Mystified Moa

Re: Yahoo mail - MW being useless

Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:40 am

I had done everything as you suggested EXCEPT clicking on the yahoo SPAM folder (just assumed MW would check it automatically). Thx - hope that helps.
So I am bombarded with spam emails from " renter-info@*.com " which is what I put in the MW Blacklist as a wildcard expression. Maybe now MW will catch those now that SPAM folder is checked.
If not.. will ask for help again. TY! :bow

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”