Abandoning MailWasher

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
GeoatBWB
Rattled Rabbit

Abandoning MailWasher

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:40 am

I use email addresses from Yahoo Plus and gmail. I have been using MailWasher and then the Pro version for a few years. I have found it very useful to screen my messages. I have not needed it much to filter out spam; Yahoo and Google do a very good job at that. I just emigrated to a computer which uses Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9. I have tried time and again to install MW 6.54 and even 6.53 on the new computer to no avail. Usually it hangs up and the only way I can stop it is by using Task Manager and ending the MailWasher process. I have tried the very few suggestions from Support -- they did not work. I now go to my mail online and preview there what I want to download. It is unfortunate that Firetrust is so intent on getting a customer base which will give it annual subscriptiopn income that it is abandoning those of us who just want what was already a great client.
I give up.
I will have to look elsewhere for a screening process.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”