Process Mail

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
j.dalton
Rattled Rabbit

Process Mail

Tue May 01, 2012 10:23 am

I installed the latest version of MailWasher on a laptop. Incoming mail properly goes to MailWasher, but when I click "process mail" Outlook Express come up but the mail does not transfer. Any thoughts?
-John
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Process Mail

Tue May 01, 2012 11:10 am

You need to click on "Get Mail" (or is it Send/Receive in Outlook?) to download your email.

The Process Mail button in MailWasher only deletes the stuff that you have marked as spam and updates the MailWasher learning records, and then starts Outlook as a convenience.
Windows 10
j.dalton
Rattled Rabbit

Tue May 01, 2012 11:29 am

The version on my desktop allows me to delete spam, then when I click "process mail" Outlook express opens and the e-mails that I have not deleted are posted. The version I installed on the laptop does not process the filtered mail.
-John
Pierre
Knowledgeable Kea

Tue May 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Is it set up the same way on both desktop and laptop? If you are monitoring the same email account on both you may get this problem. The email can only be downloaded once from your ISP.
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT

I am only a ßeta Tester and getting older as well.
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed May 02, 2012 2:56 am

Check the settings in Outlook. It sounds like the one on your desktop PC is set to download emails automatically whereas the one on your laptop is set so that you need to manually download the email. Did you test the process that I suggested? If this worked, that would confirm my suspicions.

This page may help you with the settings: http://techie-buzz.com/how-to/disable-a ... tlook.html
Windows 10

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”