Restore email from bin seems working but is NOT

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
bouncer
Student Sheep

Restore email from bin seems working but is NOT

Sat May 05, 2012 2:04 am

MW 6.5.4 That sucks MW auto deleted 2 outcomes of actions from 2 webshops and now i can not see these 2 news letters / actions, because i think and see they are restored, but they are not..

I found this issue in more threads.
I have re entered all info, also in options, recycle bin.

When i restore no-spam but auto-deleted mail, it says it has been restored, to the exact adress i gave it.

But when i check it by live mail client or webmail, nothing there, also not in spam folder....

TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Restore email from bin seems working but is NOT

Sat May 05, 2012 2:14 am

bouncer wrote:MW 6.5.4 That sucks MW auto deleted 2 outcomes of actions from 2 webshops and now i can not see these 2 news letters / actions, because i think and see they are restored, but they are not..
Yup, I guess that sucks - that's also one of the many reasons why most of us migrated to the more upscale MWP 2012.

bouncer wrote:I found this issue in more threads.
I have re entered all info, also in options, recycle bin.

When i restore no-spam but auto-deleted mail, it says it has been restored, to the exact adress i gave it.

But when i check it by live mail client or webmail, nothing there, also not in spam folder....
You may want to match notes with this one. :thumbsup
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
bouncer
Student Sheep

Sat May 05, 2012 2:19 am

TrustFire wrote:
bouncer wrote:MW 6.5.4 That sucks MW auto deleted 2 outcomes of actions from 2 webshops and now i can not see these 2 news letters / actions, because i think and see they are restored, but they are not..
You may want to match notes with this one. :thumbsup
Seen it, done it, does not seem to work in this version. So this version 6.5.4. is officialy flawed in the restore area?

EDI is the registration key for this one working for that other version to...?
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat May 05, 2012 2:34 am

Flawed wouldn't be the most accurate description - the 6.5.4 was cutting-edge technology at the time it was in active development. Factors that govern various features including but not limited to 'restore,' have evolved for the better (or worse.)

Functions related to the SMTP like 'bounce,' 'restore,' etc., etc, are more closely audited and now frowned upon by ISPs and other 3rd party agencies. :(

The key for the MWP V6 won't work for the MWP 2012.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sat May 05, 2012 3:00 am

If you enable logging under Help and About you can see the SMTP session log and if there was a problem sending the message it will be shown there.

If there is a problem with your ISP's processing of that message you will see nothing. Several folks have found that restoring to a Gmail account works when their ISPs service fails.

While testing I'd recommend turning off all your auto-delete options to insure any arriving restored mail is not again deleted. Personally I'd leave auto-delete turned off due to the continuing risk of deleting good mail and the restore's inability to recover more lines than you have the spam throttle set to.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
bouncer
Student Sheep

Sat May 05, 2012 7:30 am

stan_qaz wrote:If you enable logging under Help and About you can see the SMTP session log and if there was a problem sending the message it will be shown there.

If there is a problem with your ISP's processing of that message you will see nothing. Several folks have found that restoring to a Gmail account works when their ISPs service fails.

While testing I'd recommend turning off all your auto-delete options to insure any arriving restored mail is not again deleted. Personally I'd leave auto-delete turned off due to the continuing risk of deleting good mail and the restore's inability to recover more lines than you have the spam throttle set to.
Ah so if a message is made up out of a clickable photo, that is zero text, no lines, thus not recoverable?
About the restore account, it is not gmail but plain pop3 and smtp on standaard ports, worked in 2012 version i had.
Auto-delete rocks, i do read the subjects or some lines, but all is deleted and if i need to restore 1 or 2 mails each week/month, that has my preference above still deleting 1 at the time, thAt i could do in live mail aswel.
Also i asked for refund, by mail / site 'mail', so i hope that works out. 2012 has no bounce (only per mail) and 6.5.4. does not recover(all text..)

About auto-deleting, when a mail is autodeleted in MW, then manual restored to i.e. gmail, then checked in seconds with live mail client, a restored mail will be snatched by mailwasher?
And if so, should it not have to be twice in recycle bin then? or with a different date/time?

Edit : nope, restoring to a gmail account is no go to...

Thanx for your replye, but it is still not working.

Breand, The Netherlands
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sun May 06, 2012 11:22 am

For an image or other attachment you will recover the first few lines of the attachment, maybe not enough to be of any help.

You need to enable the logging and see what is going wrong, just seeing that something is not working will not lead to a solution. As ISPs add anti-spam features you can have restore go from working to failing overnight so the fact that it once worked is not an assurance that it will ever work again. On the other hand if it once worked you may just have the settings for the SMTP authentication and security set wrong, only the logs will tell. You may need to send the logs to your ISP if it is an internal problem with their servers and not settings wrong on your computer.

Did you set MW to send the restored e-mail using the Gmail SMTP server and to your Gmail account? If it is an ISP issue the problem can be in either their SMTP or POP servers.

I'm not sure why the ability to bounce multiple messages quickly is of much value, it takes several minutes to verify each message that you would like to bounce will send the bounce back to the spammer and in many cases it is impossible to determine if the address is the spammers or not. Putting that much effort into each message is very frustrating when over 90% percent of the spam is crafted by the spammer to send the bounce to someone they want to abuse or to another spot you may not want your used spam to go to. If you are bouncing without verifying the return address is the spammers you are helping the spammer, not hurting them.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
marzekiel
Mystified Moa

Mon May 14, 2012 9:34 pm

I still cannot restore in 6.5.4, and it is my MWP of choice.

I have downloaded and installed the 2012 version, but I find it to do less and worse in all areas, EXCEPT that it restores, using all the identical settings to my gmail account (the same one I have used for years). The 2012 version is so annoying on so many levels, that I only used it for a week.

In the past, MWP restored, now it doesn't. Sigh.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”