How to mark as "good" from recycle bin?

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
finbom
Mystified Moa

How to mark as "good" from recycle bin?

Thu May 24, 2012 4:39 pm

Hello,

First I must say that I am starting to love MWP and wonder why I did not try it earlier.
I am currently evaluation with about 20 days to go and I am pretty sure this will end up with a buy order. :thumbsup

One minor issue...
I have mails that are put into the bin as they have scored way to many minus, as designed. :)
But some are false-spam and I want to teach the bayesian filter that they not are Spam, they are good. But I can find out how to do this.
When I resore the mail to the inbox, it directly goes bak to teh bin as it still is scoring minus.
Should I not be able to teach MWP that this is good content or do I have to add as friend?

Kind regards, Magnus Finbom
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: How to mark as "good" from recycle bin?

Fri May 25, 2012 4:38 am

Sounds like you may have some spam tool set to auto-delete and it is deleting the original and any restored copies of the message.

You might want to turn off the auto delete for a while until you get your Bayesian trained as that is more effective than training on a restored message. A second option is to create a filter that protects the message from being auto-deleted.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
finbom
Mystified Moa

Fri May 25, 2012 5:39 am

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, you are correct. I do have MW to autodelete as I am running this on my mailserver and want to have it running unnatended.
You suggestions to solve this are OK for me.

But as a future feature request i'd like to see a option to train MW also from the bin.

KInd regards, Magnus Finbom
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Fri May 25, 2012 6:14 am

finbom wrote:But as a future feature request i'd like to see a option to train MW also from the bin.
I like your idea, it's brilliant - doesn't look like the older V6 is being actively developed, though.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Fri May 25, 2012 6:21 am

That isn't available in the current release (MW 2012 version 1.11.0) but if you wanted to switch to that version and make a suggestion it could be done there if there is enough interest. MW v6 is no longer being developed as was mentioned so don't expect any changes there.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat May 26, 2012 2:03 am

finbom wrote:Hello,

First I must say that I am starting to love MWP and wonder why I did not try it earlier.
I am currently evaluation with about 20 days to go and I am pretty sure this will end up with a buy order. :thumbsup
You may also want to try out the higher-end MWP 2012. :thumbsup
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
finbom
Mystified Moa

Sat May 26, 2012 2:59 am

Hi all.

Oh, since Im brand new here I thought refering to MW or MWP was the latest version.
it is the Mailwasher pro 2012 I am evaluation, And I must say. It is amazingly great!
After three days of learning I let it auto-delete (saving all mail for maximum time of course).
And it work very great. I am really impressed.

it is always sweet when an application not only does what you want, but even gives some extra. And that it works. :thumbsup

Kind regards, Magnus Finbom

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”