Multiple account messages won't go to my email program

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
bob hewson
Student Sheep

Multiple account messages won't go to my email program

Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:10 pm

I have 2 mail accounts, my primary account has been in use for years, but attracts so much spam that I am opening a new account, this one a Gmail account.

I have set us the addition of the Gmail account and mail comes into the Mailwasher 5.5.4 main screen and the appropriate actions take place for both accounts.

My problem is when I press the "process mail" button only my primary account goes to my email program (Windows Live mail). My Gmail does not open in Windows Live. It does however remain on the Mailwasher main screen.

Can someone advise how to make the messages from both accounts move from Mailwasher and open in Windows Live?

After a period of time I will cancel my "primary" email account leaving only my Gmail account active.

Thanks,

Bob
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Multiple account messages won't go to my email program

Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:51 pm

A basic misunderstanding is the root issue, mail does not move from MW to anywhere, that is not the way it works. MW looks at your mail on the server and allows you to delete the unwanted messages then it will optionally launch your e-mail program. At that point MW is completely finished with your mail. Once launched you can use your e-mail program to fetch any messages directly from your mail server.

I don't know Windows mail but there are a lot of posts on it hers so searching for it may get you help with setting it up to check your Gmail account.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
bob hewson
Student Sheep

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Thanks Stan,

I have been using Mailwasher for several years and looks like I didn't understand what was really happening.

I now have Gmail opening in Windows Live.

Bob
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:31 pm

Great, they don't really explain it very well in the v5 v6 stuff, they did a better job in the new 2012 version both in the text help and the video they include.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”