How can I auto-bounce emails?

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
confused359
It begins with a single step

How can I auto-bounce emails?

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:30 am

Hi,

I'm using the newest version of MailWasher, and was wondering if it is possible to automatically bounce certain emails, rather than having to check them individually each time and process it.

Thank you!
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: How can I auto-bounce emails?

Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:29 am

You must get yourself completely dispossessed of the idea of auto-bounce - this comes to you from someone who bounces nothing less than a dozen messages each day. 8)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: How can I auto-bounce emails?

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:07 am

Bouncing messages with forged headers is a bad and unsafe idea, the spammer controls where the bounce goes and a spammer with a mean streak can have you send your bounce to an address that can disrupt your mail service or even the service for all users of your ISP.

For my incoming spam well over 90% has forged headers and taking the 10 or so minutes for each message to try to see if they are going to go back to the sender or somewhere else was just eating too much of my day. Also one of my ISPs has told me if I bounce one more message to other than the sender my account will be terminated.

Far better is to sign up for a free www.spamcop.net account and send your spam to them for proper reporting and blacklisting the real sender.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”