MailWasher stalling

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
nioc98
Rattled Rabbit

MailWasher stalling

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:26 am

Hi,
I'm using Windows 7. When I click on the short-cut for Mailwasher pinned to the start menu, the splash notice appears in the centre of the screen as normal, but the program doesn't load. If you click on the notice, a black outline appears around it, but nothing else happens. Only solution is to click exit twice and then the program begins to load. Subsequent program restarts are without problem. Boring!
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: MailWasher stalling

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:32 am

Are you on the latest version 6.54 or using an older version? Grab the 6.54 if you are back some as that is the last release in the series and has all the available fixes applied.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
tbenton
Student Sheep

Re: MailWasher stalling

Tue May 07, 2013 12:23 am

I run XP and have Free Mailwasher 6.5.4. I have had MW a very long time and love it . I had PRO for a few years but did not renew and just don't want to pay for the PRO version. I have had free 6.5.4 for a few years this time around....is it still good? For the past week it stalls after downloading a few emails and shows 'not responding'. If I terminate the process and start over it may download a few more but then stalls again. I have opened MW from many different locations on my hard drive but same thing happens. I can't find out how to repair or reinstall 6.5.4. I am afraid to download it from scratch because I don't want to lose my extensive friends/blacklist. HELP

Terri

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”