Various

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
_Chris_
Travelling Tuatara

Various

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:09 am

Hi all, I currently have MW Pro vers 6.1 (paid) - love all of it. Two questions - how do I upgrade to the latest vers? It's currently on my desktop, but I want to use my laptop for emails from now on, so how do I get it from the desktop to the laptop please. Also, how do transfer all settings and where do I find my registration details please. I did say two questions, but I was never any good counting! :lol:
Mailwasher Pro is brilliant!
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Various

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:02 am

_Chris_ wrote:I currently have MW Pro vers 6.1 (paid) - love all of it. Two questions - how do I upgrade to the latest vers?
When you say latest version, do you mean the latest version where you don't have to pay anything, i.e. v6.5.4 or the new version where you'll have to move to new subscription model?
_Chris_ wrote:It's currently on my desktop, but I want to use my laptop for emails from now on, so how do I get it from the desktop to the laptop please. Also, how do transfer all settings and where do I find my registration details please.
As the answers to these question depend upon your first answer, let's get that first.
_Chris_ wrote:I did say two questions, but I was never any good counting!
See, you did only have two questions!
Windows 10
_Chris_
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:30 am

Is there anywhere I can view the differences between the latest free and paid versions?
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:16 am

_Chris_ wrote:Is there anywhere I can view the differences between the latest free and paid versions?
http://www.mailwasher.net/
Look at the comparison grid.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
_Chris_
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:49 am

Thanks - I will keep MW Pro 6 - how do I get it from the desktop to the laptop please. Also, how do you transfer all settings for it and where do I find my registration details please.
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:25 am

1. You can get the latest version of v6 from http://www.firetrust.com/sites/firetrus ... -Setup.exe

2. See http://www.firetrust.com/en/products/ma ... ration-key for how to get your registration key.

3. See http://www.firetrust.com/en/products/ma ... to-another for the files that you can transfer from one PC to another.

Depending upon your set up, you may have to set up your email accounts manually. This is because, since the v6 MailWasher isn't being actively maintained, the utilities that it uses to import your email accounts from your email client may not work with current versions of those programmes.

If you have specific problems, please post in the v6 forum http://forum.firetrust.com/viewforum.php?f=13
Windows 10
_Chris_
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:32 am

Thanks - I notice that for MW7, it asks for a yearly renewal - what happens if you don't renew the following year?
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:13 am

_Chris_ wrote:Thanks - I notice that for MW7, it asks for a yearly renewal - what happens if you don't renew the following year?
The application goes into pirate mode IIRC.
Annie.......... PC details
Mailwasher Pro βeta [v 7.12.39]
_Chris_
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:47 am

anniebrion wrote:
_Chris_ wrote:Thanks - I notice that for MW7, it asks for a yearly renewal - what happens if you don't renew the following year?
But still totally useable?
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:14 am

_Chris_ wrote:
anniebrion wrote:
I believe that it will no longer Wash mail>
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
michaelkenward
Guardian Gecko

Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:33 pm

_Chris_ wrote:
anniebrion wrote:
It dies.

For a horror story, dig into the archives around the time the new version landed. Lots of disgruntled customers upset by the subscription model.

Me, I paid a large amount of money for a lifetime licence for the new version.

The moaning was so great that Firetrust eventually offered this option, after faffing around with different licences for the subscription regime.

Use the old version and keep your eye open for the occasional deals that bring the lifetime licence down to a price that does not send your wallet into shock. At £64.95 in the UK, it is a bit steep at the regular price. I paid about half that. Excellent value for money for one of the first pieces of software that I put on any PC I own.
MK
MW Pro 7.5.0 Lifetime licence.
Android 1.4 on Asus Nexus 7 and LG Nexus 4

Windows 10 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung SM951 M.2 PCI-e AHCI SSD + Corsair 16GB DDR4 Red Vengeance LPX 2400MHz Memory
dougm1
Mystified Moa

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:02 pm

Sidewinder wrote:
_Chris_ wrote:Is there anywhere I can view the differences between the latest free and paid versions?
http://www.mailwasher.net/
Look at the comparison grid.
Funny quote at the bottom of your posts - "Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE". You should add "And a Lifetime License from Firetrust is Never for a Lifetime".
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:00 pm

dougm1 wrote:Funny quote at the bottom of your posts - "Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE". You should add "And a Lifetime License from Firetrust is Never for a Lifetime".
Why should he :?: :ninja

You missed the important part of his signature:—

MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”